Another Cutthroat Thread + Quick Ladder

Very frustrated that for the amount of time I have been playing/checking up on this game I still have not had the chance to even try the beta race. I didn't get a chance to see the previous season schedule but I assume it wasn't in there either.

I am not aware of any reason why the beta cutthroat race that was run before couldn't be thrown into a chunk of the time slots in the race seasons. At least until the hopeful permanent league becomes available (That I suggest be in the same fashion as my next proposal).

As the wise kripp once said about D2, one of the major factors of the game being so popular to this day are the ladder resets allowing people to start fresh with everyone else and to renew the economy. I think GGG should take this a leap forward with a permanent league that resets every month. All characters at reset will move to their standard equivalent realm. This realm would allow current players and new players to enjoy the environment of a fresh game where no ones too far ahead.
I feel that a one-month league would only attract
really dedicated gamer with much time on their hand.
I know for sure that I, as a casual gamer only playing
from time to time for leisure, would prefer 4-month leagues.

Also Cutthroat races were furthermore tested between the seasons.
You simply missed them, sorry.

I think there were even Cutthroat races with RP point rewards in the seasons before.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Aug 23, 2013, 10:30:58 PM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

I think there were even Cutthroat races with RP point rewards in the seasons before.

I know for sure in the first season there were none. If there were others in the following there should be more as it was a major attraction to a lot of us. I already have trouble catching a lot of the races I would like to with a full time 2nd shift job (USE). If a 4-month league is good for you that's great, but I'm talking about the addition of a 1-month and how it could be a beneficial permanent league. Onslaught, and especially Anarchy, could have had much better alternatives in my opinion.

There is no league for me to join right now really. The markets are already at their end in every single one, and I'm having trouble having an enjoyable experience. If there was a 1 month I know that at any point I start PoE, I'll have a fun market and a close to even playing field with everyone.
Last edited by Jabram on Aug 24, 2013, 1:18:46 AM
"
Jabram wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

I know for sure in the first season there were none. If there were others in the following there should be more as it was a major attraction to a lot of us. I already have trouble catching a lot of the races I would like to with a full time 2nd shift job (USE). If a 4-month league is good for you that's great, but I'm talking about the addition of a 1-month and how it could be a beneficial permanent league. Onslaught, and especially Anarchy, could have had much better alternatives in my opinion.

There is no league for me to join right now really. The markets are already at their end in every single one, and I'm having trouble having an enjoyable experience. If there was a 1 month I know that at any point I start PoE, I'll have a fun market and a close to even playing field with everyone.

I also would enjoy 1 month leagues but the problem with that is not many people would be able to progress to decent point in 1 month. Which would mean they would also have to have a longer league (3-4 months) like they are currently doing. Spreading players across too many leagues is not good..

3 months I think would be the best for everyone possibly even 2.5 months
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Cutthroat is just fundamentally broken in this game, because it always boils down to the top group hunting everyone else, which is simply retarded. In the last 2h Cutthroat race i got killed at lvl 19 after roughly an hour and was still frontpage at the end because the top group just killed everyone else before the race ended.

So except for the top group everyone else in the top 50 was dead. Top 3 witch was like lvl 8 or something, how do you think a 1 month cutthroat league would work? It's just an asinine idea and a stupid race.

I hate cutthroat more than anything and just wish they wouldn't occupy any race slots at all. Make a 1 month race league if you want, I don't really care, though it would be broken for reasons mentioned above, but don't waste the time of racers by forcing us to play these stupid races for points.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Aug 24, 2013, 6:49:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info