Updated: High Quality UI Images of Host PvP & Public PvP Tabs In Social Panel - The Ultimate UI

EDIT: These UI images have now been updated with Tab Arrows.

View this link to see why: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/492957

========================================
========================================

I don't see why this cannot be implemented into PoE. It is not impossible.

PvP Battleground Areas are not mentioned here: PvP Areas players are taken to when clicking the 'Begin' Button shown in the second Screenshot down is up to GGG's Team for Art & Areas to create and figure out. What you see here is all the setup stuff.

HOST PVP TAB (level range changes)

Let's talk about what's going on between these two images:

The overall idea is to have the PvP be truly Global in that anyone across all servers within a particular League can access the PvP UI and face each other.

"Why is the 'Host PvP' Button gray?"

Because the information for the required fields is not complete. When it is, the 'Host PvP' Button will light up for the creator of the PvP Battle. The text, "All fields complete" would also turn into a green "YES."

Everything else is self-explanatory in the image.

PUBLIC PVP TAB (scroll down to see the UI Image)

"First, why is the 'Begin' Button gray?"

Because one player is not yet ready and has not put a check-mark in the 'Ready' Box yet.

Just like when you make a regular Party, you will be able to KICK people from your hosted PvP battle.

Also, hitting the Update Button brings you back to the 'Host PvP' Tab.

Anyway . . .

When players complete the 'Host PvP Form,' in the Public PvP Tab the PvP Mode, Player Limit and Levels allowed will be displayed to everyone in that Tab. Therefore, the title of your PvP Battle is made for you.

This approach makes it so players cannot troll the Public PvP Tab by naming their PvP Battles trade-related, off-topic things. The relevancy will always be consistent.

In the edited Screenshot, the current PvP Mode shown is Teams.

"Why?"

Because the Teams PvP Mode is the most intricate, and also gives an idea how the other PvP modes would look when hosted. The Teams PvP Mode would be the only one to have all the features shown in the Screenshot.

All other hosted PvP modes will be much simpler in that only the 'Begin' Button and 'Ready' Check-Mark Boxes would be shown.

The FREE FOR ALL and 2-MAN DUEL modes are quite self-explanatory. I will therefore not go into explaining the obvious.

Thank You for reviewing this.
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Aug 18, 2013, 2:58:22 PM
I like this idea very much, i have only one complain. Dont remove the lvl 28 pvp or change the range from 20- 28 because the serious low lvl pvp players out there ( im too) who farmed gear and specialized our build to the perfection over month would be totally pissed if the range of items or level changes for low lvl pvp! Really that would be a disaster for us!

Add more ranges maybe (fun battles)10-19 (for ladder rank battles)20-28 ....and so on but dont remove 20-28 for tournament and ladder fight.
=Licht ist Leben=
Last edited by Hruthgard on Aug 5, 2013, 1:48:25 PM
"
Hruthgard wrote:
I like this idea very much, i have only one complain. Dont remove the lvl 28 pvp or change the range from 20- 28 because the serious low lvl pvp players out there ( im too) who farmed gear and specialized our build to the perfection over month would be totally pissed if the range of items or level changes for low lvl pvp! Really that would be a disaster for us!

Add more ranges maybe (fun battles)10-19 (for ladder rank battles)20-28 ....and so on but dont remove 20-28 for tournament and ladder fight.

I understand now and have made some changes to the UI image to demonstrate what you said. However, I set the first range to 15-19 instead of 10-19. I think that's fair, considering, I am sure, GGG doesn't want players to PvP right away. Level 10 is just too low.

I'm not sure I'm really getting what you're saying. Why include level ranges of uneven or off numbers?

The first range 15-20 is a 5-level range. The rest are a perfect 10-level range between each one.

I think the range 20-30 allowed in that particular option is fair. It doesn't make sense for a 20-28 range, or a 10-19 range. Level 10 is too low to be PvPing in the first place. 15 is cutting it close.

Conclusively, I don't know if your criticism is directed toward me or GGG.

Are you recommending GGG to duplicate the level ranges within the Screenshot as shown and to not change them?

If you can explain in better detail, that would be great.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Aug 8, 2013, 12:31:36 PM
First i want to tell you that english is not my tongue language and im sorry if you dont understand everything what im trying to say. The ranges between the pvp battle ranks can be smaller, for now its 1-28 for low lvl pvp, that stupid because everyone who plays seriously low lvl pvp concentrates on 28 equipment and the max amount of skillpoint available on this level. For myself i have farmed gear and optimized my build perfectly for the max level of low level pvp, that means 28! If there are changes to maybe lvl 30 it would complete destroy our whole builds, devaluated our current gear to the complete lost of everything. The current max level of low level pvp must be kept! Also the min range must be increased because very low level pvpler for example lvl 24 have no chance against lvl 28 chars.

My idea how it can look like for the ladder version of pvp.
I would appreciate that there are some pvp leagues with different ranges from max allowed levels. For example: league 1: level 7-9 league 2:level 14-16 league 3:level 19-21 league 4: level 23-25 league 5: level 27-28 and so on.. for every league exists ladders with its own tournaments. Over a season you can collect points in tournaments and random fight against other players through the use of the qeue for the specific league you participating in.
Also its possible to qeue only for fun without ladder placement or create own matches 2v2, 3v3 ,4v4 outside of the ladder pvp setting.
=Licht ist Leben=
hruthgard knows what hes talking about. MANY people HC and SC have dedicated ALL their time to farming low level dueling items for the lvl range 1-28. The lvl ranges are not just created to be even numbers or aesthetically pleasing, they are based off of uniques, gem lvls, and reach a player has within the skill tree. Even setting it to 15-30 would really mess all of our builds up.

I love your UI, its very nice and I am shocked GGG doesnt have something similar. Speaking to gruest and being stuck in act 2 to pvp is just inconvenient. I get that GGG wants players to have a cut off point for progression with quests for the low level pvp.

Also be careful with making too many instances because it spreads the player population too thin and then no one will get a match. This is what happens with 3v3s. 3v3s can happen but not enough people queue at once to create a dynamic experience, its usually just the same 6-12 people just trading around teams trying to find a good fight. LePvPMaster just made a post touching on much of this subject of too much population displacement across too many leagues and is a well known issue that will be handled, hopefully soon.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Very good talk GrindcoreTHRALL, thats what im talking about! You explained some important angle of views about low lvl pvp. Thank you for joining this thread.
=Licht ist Leben=
"
hruthgard knows what hes talking about. MANY people HC and SC have dedicated ALL their time to farming low level dueling items for the lvl range 1-28. The lvl ranges are not just created to be even numbers or aesthetically pleasing, they are based off of uniques, gem lvls, and reach a player has within the skill tree. Even setting it to 15-30 would really mess all of our builds up.

I love your UI, its very nice and I am shocked GGG doesnt have something similar. Speaking to gruest and being stuck in act 2 to pvp is just inconvenient. I get that GGG wants players to have a cut off point for progression with quests for the low level pvp.

Also be careful with making too many instances because it spreads the player population too thin and then no one will get a match. This is what happens with 3v3s. 3v3s can happen but not enough people queue at once to create a dynamic experience, its usually just the same 6-12 people just trading around teams trying to find a good fight. LePvPMaster just made a post touching on much of this subject of too much population displacement across too many leagues and is a well known issue that will be handled, hopefully soon.

All I have to do is demonstrate new level ranges in the Screenshot, that's all. It is a very minor adjustment I can make very fast.

With that being said, my idea is to have the PvP be truly Global in that anyone across all servers within a particular League can access the PvP UI and face each other.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Aug 8, 2013, 12:32:05 PM
"

All I have to do is demonstrate new level ranges in the Screenshot, that's all. It is a very minor adjustment I can make very fast.

With that being said, my idea is to have the PvP be truly Global in that anyone across all servers within a particular League can access the PvP UI and face each other.

ya super sweet! That idea would increase the quality of pvp SO MUCH
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
nicely done "HeavyMetalGear" , i like that too
=Licht ist Leben=
Wow. Very well done. Would be nice to see something like that implemented.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Aug 9, 2013, 2:50:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info