D2 style FFA PVP - the ultimate social end-game

I just want D2 style FFA pvp games. People WILL join these games if they pop up in the public game list.

They are a great place to make friends and bullsh* around, and used to inspire me to make more charachters/interesting builds. In fact they were really the only thing that inspired me to reroll interesting builds in D2...

They are also a GREAT break from monotonous mapping, the arena system is too competitive feeling and often vacant, D2 FFA PVP games were the ultimate social hang out spot.

---------------------------------

What I propose:

Public games, just like any other game but CLEARLY marked as PVP, and viewable from any act in the current difficulty (so people can pvp in act 1 merciless)

the same old 'crossed/uncrossed swords' deal for hostility - only changeable in town
(but maybe another icon :) ) so people can form teams

To make a pvp game, you can't have people in your party. There could be a pvp check box next to the 'make public' button

---------------------------------

For me, this would add a HUGE AMOUNT to the end game experience and really the game as a whole, as I would be re-rolling some weird characters as soon as it was implemented.

Best memories I have from D2 are of my FOH paladin and stun-cry barb, making friends, jacking around and teaming up on uber chars.

We need a fun hangout where we can take a break from maps badly.

Adding a side note on arenas
----------------------------

Arenas are fine and dandy but a completely different type of PVP experience. Also, I think if this was added, way more people would be interested in competitive arena style pvp down the road.

More people would be designing charterers specifically for PVP, and it would be easy to find potential partners in these games.
Last edited by sublime234 on Jul 17, 2013, 3:37:43 AM
I remember the war cry barb haha, 2 hotos enigma etc was so fun!

Structured pvp sucks, I tried to get into Kms here lvl 28 and 9 but it is so unbalanced it's boring as fuck, getting one shot by face breakers with 1300 life lol

I well we can only hope they make FFA pvp, it would make this game truly epic for the next 10 years
I absolutely love the game, but I cannot bring myself to play it until there is a permanent cut throat league or a hostile button....

I believe I am one of many.

GGG, please give us some idea at least as to when and even IF you plan to implement/improve the PVP.....
"
I remember the war cry barb haha, 2 hotos enigma etc was so fun!

Structured pvp sucks, I tried to get into Kms here lvl 28 and 9 but it is so unbalanced it's boring as fuck, getting one shot by face breakers with 1300 life lol

I well we can only hope they make FFA pvp, it would make this game truly epic for the next 10 years

Ya that dual hoto war cry barb was hilarious... FFA pvp would be what makes this game epic for sure, there are tons of good/weird/fun/funny potential pvp builds but we need the FFA pvp system to make them all shine.

"
I absolutely love the game, but I cannot bring myself to play it until there is a permanent cut throat league or a hostile button....

I believe I am one of many.

GGG, please give us some idea at least as to when and even IF you plan to implement/improve the PVP.....

Ya I would love a permanent non-hardcore cutthroat league, I think more people would play this than even hardcore eventually.
Last edited by sublime234 on Jul 18, 2013, 12:41:35 AM
^^
+1 so easy do add, dont do like d3 making people wait a whole year for it until no one stands the game anymore.
I share many of the same memories and would probably die of happiness if the same thing happened in PoE. I have faith that GGG will do something great with pvp. Unfortunately pvp always takes a backseat to everything else so its just going to take some time.
just give us a seperate area you can enter which has pvp enabled
I really really really hope they implement something like this.

Casual FFA pvp really is the ultimate end-game to an arpg like PoE, and I feel that D2 can largely credit its longevity to this style of PvP.

It's not about balance.

It's not about ratings.

It's about getting together with friends and fucking around with something besides farming end-game content. It adds an entirely new element to the game that will dramatically increase its replay value, very much more so than the current available pvp.

Please do this.
+1 to Original Post, so many great memories of d2 and that FFA type pvp. of PoE did something like that or an open world type pvp, this game will be great

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info