Ranger Tree Redone! Whats this mean for LLD? Or Merci Open pvp?

I have always liked the ranger tree for low level dueling. It has been redone in 11.2 and I am pleased to say it looks fantastic for lvl 28 pvp chars especially those who like 1 hand weapons and as always, swords because of the powerful shield penetration nodes. The sword nodes do take up a whopping 5 passive points to capitalize on 40% shield block penetration with sword. Luckily theres a decent cornerstone at 3 points deep called brutal blade that makes you somewhat more willing to spend this many points. These how ever arent new and have not been touched upon in the patch.

Weapon artistry now in an amazing spot, heart of oak, and weapon finesse are 3 cornerstones all within 7 points to be completely obtainable and this just makes the builds feel powerful and much less fragile. in all reality not much has changed besides some life hybrid points along the way, some suped up cornerstones, and a tighter core of nice cornerstones surrounded by other amazing nodes not far away letting u build a few different ways that u might not have previously taken.

Before the patch I always thought max block, dodge builds were the only way now I feel like there can be some variation with the rangers tree since they dont HAVE to be fragile anymore especially with think skin just around the corner from weapon ele, shield pene, and fencing.

I still think evasion will be worthless but I like how their is so much accuracy in such few points. Anyone think there is a dual wield viable build for LLD with ranger with the tree?

I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Jul 17, 2013, 2:00:01 PM
First build I drew out on the new tree was a dual wield sword ranger build. Swords will be OP but I think dual wield is still the way to go. I would get iron reflexes though if your near. The evasion change isn't that big of a deal for lvl 28.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Jul 25, 2013, 8:47:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info