Counter Molten Shell

If anyone uses molten shell, I fell pretty screwed. My only damage is physical and it one shots me. I have 4k health and max fire res.

My ideas are- Use lightning strike to pop it
Weapon swap to a Pheonix Shield (+8 to max res)
And maybe the "take less crit damage nodes"
IGN: Beardedwizzard
bear trap, bear trap, and more bear trap. it sounds kinda cheap, but so is getting 1 shot by a molten. as for molten spamming, if they have enough resource/survivability you just gotta be really careful and make sure you dont stay close long enough so they can just pop it while ur attacking. also ive noticed that sometimes if you use a multistrike heavy strike on them it can punch them out of range before it blows. i havnt tried any of the convert to elemental on those people but i would think that could be effective for reducing the amount of physical you do, and comboing that with knockback might be a good idea aswell.

forgot to mention that if you are getting cursed with flammability or ele weakness it really increases the dmg of molten so make sure you dont go in without anti curse
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Jun 6, 2013, 1:53:11 PM
Yeh molten is a mobile bear trap with penetration, and when you combine that with high resources and a max block/tempest build its about as anti melee as you can get especially if it is spammed... honestly not many will resort to spamming it but i have seen ppl do it.. takes no skill to do and is very very annoying but its part of the game i guess..

As far as counters:
-If they are not maxed out block you could answer with a molten of your own/ bear traps/ explosive arrow/ basically ne counter that will actually hit and trigger it giving you an opening to utilize your main attack
-If they are maxed block then you really only have a few options as i see it: bear traps, explosive arrow, Rf, and finally (if your skilled enough) precise heavy striking at range
Last edited by Greenbake on Jun 6, 2013, 1:13:37 PM
Just to counter point here. Nothing in pvp really takes skill. Its just builds and knowledge.

I don't complain about traps taking no skill. I complain about traps because they are so good everyone uses them and are too easy to incorporate into a build.

Its possible molten is a little too good but its not good against everyone and you do have to support it well with spell damage, armor, block.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
Just to counter point here. Nothing in pvp really takes skill. Its just builds and knowledge.

I don't complain about traps taking no skill. I complain about traps because they are so good everyone uses them and are too easy to incorporate into a build.

Its possible molten is a little too good but its not good against everyone and you do have to support it well with spell damage, armor, block.

To counter your counter :P
I disagree with you when you say nothing in pvp really takes skill, skill and strat/knowledge play a huge part imo... for example i wonder who is harder to play an ek block build vs a single target melee that actually has to lock target and get in and out while said ek just stands and spams ^^ just one example

*but yeh i do agree that, when broken down, build v build is the major factor in any given fight aswell as pvp experience.. lacking in either is an easy way to rack up losses
Last edited by Greenbake on Jun 6, 2013, 2:01:58 PM
I agree that some builds take more work in a match than others so small amounts of control/timing can make a difference.

I still hate to use the word skill. The most dominant pvpers out there don't have to do jack crap to win, agreed?
Standard Forever
an easy way to make this skill not as OP vs physical melee is to put a cool down timer on it. at least it would make it more on the level of bear trap and if they wanted to use it more often they would need to sacrifice and use multiple gems. I dont think they ever intended molten shell to be a main dps skill in pvp. i admit i use to use this skill in pvp, but that was only to try and even it out when other people used the skill on me :\

Last edited by oowarpigoo on Jun 6, 2013, 4:45:41 PM
Ya I literally fought 3 people who just sat there spamming molten shell. I am not even sure why that is considered fun. I'd rather not resort to using OP bear traps, but hey, if it counters these dbags, why not.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
"
mrmagikboy wrote:
Ya I literally fought 3 people who just sat there spamming molten shell. I am not even sure why that is considered fun. I'd rather not resort to using OP bear traps, but hey, if it counters these dbags, why not.

haha yeah, i feel the same way. if your dealing with a 1 shot molten, theres no other choice but to use some strategy to out class the people that wont accept that they have a cheap ass build.

since the patch skills like molten and BT have become even more OP than they already were from a pvp standpoint. more damage + less pool didnt really help the pvp community to much........

Last edited by oowarpigoo on Jun 7, 2013, 12:31:11 AM
Didn't know their was so much angst against molten. But hey I'm cool if they nerf it as long as they nerf ALL traps. Molten might be too OP vs. melee, but traps are too OP vs. everyone and with less cost.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info