(Feedback) Rightous Fire and EK single target damage OP + more

been 1v1 here and there and this is my feedback:

1. I have to say EK shouldn't be better single target dps than single target abilities when it is an aoe, it should be useful more so for multitarget, or maybe finishing off someone out of range.

2. Rightous fire is out of control. It is exclusive to builds and exclusive to specific uniques which makes it all the more unfair because how powerful and challenging to setup a build for it without niche uniques.

3. We should be given more time between rounds if aura's do not persist. I can see the reason for wanting to change auras between rounds (and so having them not persist) but the time is not sufficient to reapply them or apply them in the first place. Honestly, I would prefer the aura's stay on and we are given time to change them, but the current (or alternative) setup could work as long as the time is extended.

4. Bows are underpowered. What about some sort of guided arrow type move? We already have autotargetting Arc, so I don't see the issue. Make the damage effectiveness not worth it to use all the time just when you cannot take advantage of primary ability.

5. Flasks should gain maybe 50% charges between rounds or something. I wouldn't claim 50% to be the "magic number" but some sort of flask regeneration in between rounds should be implemented.
Last edited by piperazinedream on May 30, 2013, 11:52:53 PM
"
slyme wrote:
been 1v1 here and there and this is my feedback:

1. I have to say EK shouldn't be better single target dps than single target abilities when it is an aoe, it should be useful more so for multitarget, or maybe finishing off someone out of range.

2. Rightous fire is out of control. It is exclusive to builds and exclusive to specific uniques which makes it all the more unfair because how powerful and challenging to setup a build for it without niche uniques.

3. We should be given more time between rounds if aura's do not persist. I can see the reason for wanting to change auras between rounds (and so having them not persist) but the time is not sufficient to reapply them or apply them in the first place. Honestly, I would prefer the aura's stay on and we are given time to change them, but the current (or alternative) setup could work as long as the time is extended.

4. Bows are underpowered. What about some sort of guided arrow type move? We already have autotargetting Arc, so I don't see the issue. Make the damage effectiveness not worth it to use all the time just when you cannot take advantage of primary ability.

5. Flasks should gain maybe 50% charges between rounds or something. I wouldn't claim 50% to be the "magic number" but some sort of flask regeneration in between rounds should be implemented.

I agree about EK but then again I dont have much experience with it, although your theory about single target and aoe strength is considered similarly by me.

Flasks do gain charges after rounds, although the regen is low I think like 10% or something.

Rf is usually a easy counter if u overstack res.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
How to counter RF? Overstack fire resist and just vulnerability curse them. They'll take more damage from RF's AoE and thus kill themselves.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
"
pianokingx3 wrote:
How to counter RF? Overstack fire resist and just vulnerability curse them. They'll take more damage from RF's AoE and thus kill themselves.

?????? I'm confused. So out of my 550 HP pool low life, I'm now taking 40% more of 550dps/sec?
Or are you talking about 10k life RF maras?
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
"
"
pianokingx3 wrote:

?????? I'm confused. So out of my 550 HP pool low life, I'm now taking 40% more of 550dps/sec?

The 10k+ hp maras is what vulnerability counters. I may have misread your thread and assumed the burning damage is what RF was OP about and not the spell damage.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
"
pianokingx3 wrote:
"
"
pianokingx3 wrote:

The 10k+ hp maras is what vulnerability counters. I may have misread your thread and assumed the burning damage is what RF was OP about and not the spell damage.

Oh i was just wondering how to kill aimlessOPgun
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
RF Shavs is too good, I agree, especially combined with Tempest and high block. The upcoming patch will affect things a bit but probably not enough. Really vulnerable to rushes though since you have so many buffs to activate at the start.

It's also really difficult for a caster to actually force a win against any character with high IAS. For example stronkberry can leap around all day bear trapping until I make a mistake. Could be 9 draws and one kill but he'd win.

I'm also intrigued by swords cyclone (negates the block).

Nobody has tried playing a warding flask attrition game with me yet (staying alive and trying to get rid of my wardings so Ill burn myself to death). That would probably be very difficult though.

Last edited by aimlessgun on Jun 1, 2013, 7:25:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info