Automatic waypoint acquisition is great.

Something that is a really minor thing that was improved this league, but it is much better. Feel good to see the waypoint light when you get it, instead of having having to walk up to it and tap it, and inevitably forget sometimes.
Last bumped on Sep 9, 2024, 3:24:50 AM
the whole purpose of games is to provide opportunities for players to make mistakes.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Sep 8, 2024, 6:03:03 PM
"
vio wrote:
the whole purpose of games is to provide opportunities for players to make mistakes.

well......SOME games.

There are plenty of games and entire genres that punish you with a full wipe if you make a mistake.

Even in this game, hardcore does exist.
"

Yeah I reacon there might just be enough opportunity for decision making in this game without needing to decide if you want to interact with a clunky way point.

Do you actually think this has been bad for the game or is that just a general statement?

Decision making is a big part of games, it's not the whole thing. This is not the same as deciding what optimal pathing to take through act two. It's tapping a clunky pop up that can get miskicked even when you don't want to tap it. I think what you are suggesting might make sense in OG POE running races before leagues existed, but there's a whole endgame now. Plenty of decision making to make mistakes on beyond this.

Happy to spark up a debate if people are wanting this reversed, but I think most of the QOL added in the last two leagues has been an improvement. Even if there are some downsides, like you've lost the decision of tapping the waypoint. The main thing I like about it is that it feels smooth. In a game that is often clunky.
Last edited by Belegur85 on Sep 9, 2024, 12:27:55 AM
"
vio wrote:

Poe must be the ultimate game, nearly every build choice you can make is a mistake.
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info