Pay the Rogue Harbour guys to "aquire" items from the trade site

Howdy GGG,

I think it'd be fairly cool if you could pay the rogue harbour guys to "acquire" items from the trade site.

Now how I think this should work is you'd pay the rogue harbour guys the price of the item plus some rogue markers.

Then the contract for it would be made available for other players to complete as a contract, they get the contract, and the markers as a reward for completing the contract map. You get the item once someone completes the contract.

Set a timer on those contracts to like an hour, so they can cycle back into the system if the person doesn't complete them.

This would ruin price fixers, it would also add content diversity to the rogue harbour and the fun of knowing you're helping the trade economy.

Then some of the rewards rogue harbour gives could be moved to other contents which may need extra reasons to be run.

Now the way the theft could be explained to the losing player is the item was stolen, but insurance has them covered.

The only real loss to this system is price fixers will be in tears, but price fixer tears are just good value.

Now because of real time load on the database, the contracts logic doesn't need to be real time, if multiple people request to "acquire" an item, multiple contacts will go out, but only one of them will return the item. The others will get a refund.

This delay will discourage item sniping because their currency will be held up for 1-6 hours.
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2024, 3:25:01 AM
I like the gist of it.

I think a crafting currency should be part of the charge, not just Rogue's Marks. Requiring Rogue's Marks is good though.

Something like:

> 1 Wisdom minimum, 1 Wisdom per Augment, and whenever the item cost is a # of Tiers higher, the cost is the same # of Tiers higher.

< Portal for Alteration, Transmute for Jeweler's, Augment for Fuse/Chance, Alteration for Scour, Chance for Regret, Scour for Alch, Regret for Chaos and Exalt, Alch for Divine & Blessed, Chaos for anything rarer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info