Path of COMBOS

I think combos would be a great addition to poe 1 & 2. I know poe2 has talked about it, but I think it will feel slow the way its being implemented. if you create a system that allows the player to create skill combos by allowing 3 skills to be used in sequence with one button. For example first time you hit Q you use shield charge, second time you hit Q you war cry, third time you hit Q you deal damage. these "Skill Arts" could add a new and richer depth to game play. start with one and gain 3 more to add content to work towards. Also would add life quality to player so they dont have to play the keyboard like a piano which would make it easier and faster to synergize skills.
Last bumped on Sep 3, 2024, 8:24:35 PM
What you describe is unfortunately the exact scenario they DON'T want, have never wanted, and have been actively combating since the beginning of PoE.

Every change to instant skills, automated skills, vaal skills, etc. that have ever been implemented have been because GGG did NOT want things to occur with ONE click.

They want the system that will happen in PoE 2, slower more deliberate layering of effects and combos. They don't WANT it to be fast.

That said, in PoE 2 they also have movement and other effects baked into the skills themselves. So what you might think of as a PoE 1 "combo" (shield charge + attack), will actually be the basic skill functionality in PoE 2.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Sep 3, 2024, 4:31:49 PM
I mean they could do a thing with some of the spell/attack skills like

having finishers from D2
make stuff like fireball and spark interact with some spells like ice nova and frostbolt
have glacial hammer recharge frozen legion
having infernal cry super empower infernal blow

it wouldn't be hard but the design space is being spent adding chase items and then nerfing them.
^true they could do that. But that wasn't exactly what OP was asking for. He wants less buttons, not more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info