Retalliation Skills are Garbage; suggestions for Improvement.

I am playing a rage, chain hook build where I move around the map very fast. I have zero time to watch a skill come up available and hit it in a 2 second window. Yes I know there are passives that can increase that to 4 or 5 seconds but again in a map or temple I am BUSY. I cant stare at icons on the side of screen.

Suggestions: Flash an icon over the head of the char (where my life bars are) when the skill is available and increase the trigger duration minimum to at least 5 seconds.
Last bumped on Sep 2, 2024, 12:30:28 AM
What?

Eviscerate literally has this, I'm pretty sure the other skills do too.

What?
if you use shrines and play any sort of busy map - you cannot see shit even if it flashes with all shades of pink.

thats the reason i couldnt stand playing retaliation build - the user experience is terrible despite GGG actually trying to make it bearable. it still isnt and unless you somehow 'automate it' (bannable) - it boils down to blindly mashing one/few buttons. it is flask piano all over again

compare it to smooth as silk 'cast when stunned' gameplay..

they have to (but they wont) re-do the activation system. it just isnt fun
Tried Eviscerate - it is buggy as hell. If there is the smallest thing between you and where you are clicking the wave just stops in front of you and does nothing. It is truly one of the worst types of skills I've ever tried. I think I even named one of my characters "RetaliationSucks"
I've been testing this new Retaliation skill mechanic and I've come to the conclusion that it actually has nothing to do with Retaliation, it's just become a skill that needs a CONDITION, which is the block, which ends up making these skills practically unusable and too slow for gameplay, because you won't stop using your main skill to activate a retaliation skill, unless the retaliation skill has at least 5 links, but not every build has sockets for that.

The old trigger system was more useful and fun, like Reckoning, Vegeance and Riposte.
Goratha brought Eviscerate to every piece of content in the game. Even put out a guide and everything.

I have seen crushing fist in a few different vods as well. Cant say good or bad. Seems decent enough.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info