Regarding "bad/clunky" map layouts that cause backtracking without mobs.

So as an SSF player i tend to enjoy swapping between map layouts and even play the less optimal ones since i'm in no rush to clear content. Granted i've usually got 2 voids day 2-3 of a new league and are doing red maps so i'm not a complete turtle player, i'm thinking more towards when i'm actually doing the gear grind.

I just really dislike running some of the layouts because they can cause you to backtrack alot. It just get tedious in the long run. Which sucks out the fun a bit and you just go back to the same old maps with a solid clear layout.

For instance this layout

Ofc I didnt notice the bossrom and had to backtrack from the far left side of the map back to get the kill. If i for instance could see the map layout from the start i would have planned a counterclockwise clear and done the whole thing without having to do any backtracking without mobs there to kill.

What would be a workaround suggestion is to have the full map shown after you complete the bonus on the atlas each time you enter. Not show mobs on the map just the layout with maybe a type of indicator on the bosslocation. So you could just lessen the amount of time you have to spend backtracking places without mobs. It just feels so bad when it happens.

It just seems like an easier solution rather then do it the way d4 to did some layouts and just outright rework them to remove useless backtracking, If you do that more maps just feels like another atoll, city square etc.

Cheers.
Last bumped on Sep 1, 2024, 5:08:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info