Monsters should only steal one charge at a time, not all of them in one hit

Title

I'm trying a Flicker Strike build now thanks to the melee buffs this league. Feels really great, even made my first ever successful CI build as well in fact! The only real problem I have with the build is that when a map rolls "monsters steal frenzy, power, and endurance charges", it takes only one hit from a single monster to completely wipe out my frenzy charges. I've taken to using Lightning Strike as a gem swap for maps which happen to roll them as a fallback, but it kinda takes away the fun of playing a Flicker Strike build when I have to use any other skill just to counter this mod.

I think this mod should make it so only one of each charge is stolen per hit rather than all of them. This will prevent one single monster from stopping you in your tracks, but you can still have all of your charges lost if you get hit multiple times in rapid succession.

Inb4 "reroll the map": You can't easily reroll 8-modded maps, and I don't think it's reasonable to have to buy lifeforce and risk having to reroll multiple times to get the same number of mods back.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Sep 1, 2024, 12:51:16 AM
Last bumped on Sep 8, 2024, 1:59:49 PM
+1 even if its 1 charge per hit a whole pack might still steal them so single hit seems a bit over the top.

they could relegate the stealing all charges to an opt-in shrine effect or something that you can choose to avoid.
Innocence forgives you
Just reroll your map to avoid the mod if your build is reliant on charges.
Worked for a decade so I'm not sure why players are suddenly so anti skipping mods that they can't run properly especially in a league with the option to let map runners do unlucky corrupted maps lol
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
Just reroll your map to avoid the mod if your build is reliant on charges.
Worked for a decade so I'm not sure why players are suddenly so anti skipping mods that they can't run properly especially in a league with the option to let map runners do unlucky corrupted maps lol

1. I already am using lightning strike as a gem swap for maps that roll these mods. I just don't like being forced into playing something that isn't flicker strike just to counter a single map mod.

2. I will not engage with Settlers content beyond challenge completions. Just like Affliction, it is borrowed power and money that won't be seeing itself go core next league. I will not join the brainrot that will inevitably flood these forums in the coming months.

To put it more shortly: Map runners aren't going to be sticking around for the long-term. This problem I'm pointing out is only going to crop up again.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Inb4 "reroll the map": You can't easily reroll 8-modded maps, and I don't think it's reasonable to have to buy lifeforce and risk having to reroll multiple times to get the same number of mods back.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Sep 4, 2024, 11:03:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info