A way to buff up unique items.

Hello, I have seen a lot of people talking on Reddit that how with the new armor bases, Uniques feel even more behind the curve than they had previously.
I see that as an issue because of how many under powered uniques there already are in game, hvaing them all stand one foot further in a hole seems very unfortunate.

So I have 2 suggestions.
Most the unique items I am aware of, do not have 6/6 modifiers on them, 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes.
So it seems the easiest fix to me, would be allow uniques with free slots to randomly roll modifiers from a reduced pool.

With rare gear, there is a looooooot of perks we can roll in each slot, I would prefer if uniques had significantly smaller possible pools, but still enough wiggle room and freedom that more uniques could be adaptedf to more builds without resembling such a huge build tax. (the build tax being the unique item lacking in life, defences and resists that you now have to make up elsewhere.)

If randomly rolled modifiers seems like too lazy of a fix, I have another one.
Pantheon crafting uniques.
basically add either a new work station, or add into the current crafting bench new crafts that are exclusive to unique items.
To unlock pantheon crafting perks, you would need to use a divine vessel on a maps boss to unlock it's associated perk.

So not only would you get the associated pantheon upgrade to your minor or major god buff, you would also unlock a pantheon crafting recipe, that allowed you to craft a specific stat onto a unique that has space for more modifiers.

I think it would be okay for these to be relatively expensive, as you are investing into a unique item to make it your own.

The issue I see with Pantheon crafting would be ballooning the cost of perfectly rolled corrupted uniques.

I have been enjoying boat league very much, and I hope my suggestion finds you well x
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2024, 12:40:48 AM
I understand where you’re coming from but I think your suggestion is the wrong approach. Unique items are usually used for specific mods which can’t be acquired otherwise. The only thing they should do is increase the stats of the current modifiers. Especially with double corrupts uniques can be getting easily overpowered.
"
Jaikai wrote:
I understand where you’re coming from but I think your suggestion is the wrong approach. Unique items are usually used for specific mods which can’t be acquired otherwise. The only thing they should do is increase the stats of the current modifiers. Especially with double corrupts uniques can be getting easily overpowered.

Agreed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info