Still far too easy to click on portal during pirate fight

It's happened to me twice now, once after they apparant change making players spawn further from the portal.

Why is there even a thing in the arena that if you accidently click you automatically lose the encounter instantly? This happens to me in other encounters too, but other encounters have 6 portals or a warning message before you leave (heist).

I know it's a "skill issue", but both the Pirate and Sasan are incredibly rare encounters and both have this instant fail hazard right by the player when they spawn. it's so so frustrating to lose because of a misclick before even seeing the boss.
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2024, 8:58:10 PM
How? How exackly you get in the portal area?

It is long way and fight doesnt require to run in that way.
Well, when i spawned it I wasnt far at all from the portal. it was 2 feet behind me.
comon' mate, really?
When you zone in, take a moment. A breath, touch grass, then move the mouse away from the portal and left click.
Why are you instantly zoning in wildly clicking on stuff that hasn't appeared yet?
Sorry if a came off as frustrated in my first post- i was.

But I click and drag to move around, and i zoned in - clicked my mouse and immediatly my character ran up to the portal and zoned out.

My mouse was below my character.

Im fully willing to accept this is my fault.

I still think its dumb that there's an instant fail situation that can occur in the first second of zoning in.
It's always good practice to zone in and take a moment.
It's especially useful on boss fights, like maven if you die.
Zone back in, take a moment to look for clear space on the ground.
You get a timer for immunity, to cater for latency and computer loading.
There's no reason to bum rush straight into a fight without first just taking a look on the ground.
The same logic can be applied here, you can't be that amped up on caffeine to just immediately want to go because guess what, mistakes happen.
Like this.

Now it's different if you were on controller and you had a movement skill bound to A, and leaving every portal you decided to use a movement skill which in this scenario would default to taking the portal.

But keyboard and mouse, the direction you move is directionally away from the portal so there is little room for error, if you just take 1 moment in time to know where your mouse is before clicking.
I agree with most of what you say. but im going to have to push back a litte.

In the past there have definitly been times when i clicked away from the portal and the game registered it as me clicking the portal. It's a rare but frustrating issue that ive seen brought up by other players as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info