High end crafting currency items are 5-10x too rare

Eldritch Chaos/Annul/Exalt, Orb of Conflict, Conqueror Exalts, Orb of Dominance, Awakener's Orb, Fracturing Orb, Veiled Orb.

There's a wicked crafting system in this game, but it's gated behind extreme rarity. To the bottom 99.9% of the player base, this crafting system may as well not exist.

Playing SSF only once, it becomes crystal clear how stupidly rare these currencies are. You'll go a whole season and see 1 or 2 of each of these in total. You can't do anything with that. They aren't even final items, you need many of them to make one good, not even BiS item. High runes in D2 are in a similar rarity tier, yet HR are many orders of magnitude more powerful than a given high end 1-of PoE crafting currency item.

A fantastic system thrown out with the bathwater of extremely conservative economic considerations and perceived fears over replayability longevity.

Terrified of giving players fun due to theoretical fears. When people play for 2-3 weeks and come back next league for an economic wipe anyway. What are you afraid of?
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 96(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Aug 27, 2024, 2:22:03 PM
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2024, 8:06:19 PM
I would love if that removed synth implicit crafting and rerolling and made all currency more common. Especially since my phys staff is about 30 div in and 800ish dps. it just isn't keeping everything I want it to have.

They keep adding power to the top while removing a lot at the mid game. It feels really bad to play.
I also feel this way. Too much of POE which could be fun for the everage endgame player is made not to be because "must challenge the 24/7 sweats so they are not bored".
You play ssf to restrict yourself. If you want a specific currency there are ways to target farm these. Like frac orbs or annul orbs with harbinger.
rare currency is rare.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
They are supposed to be rare to give them value same as gg items.
Having the currency all over the place would just lead to even quicker maxed out player power which we already have more than plenty even without perfect gg items.

"
roundishcap wrote:
I would love if that removed synth implicit crafting and rerolling and made all currency more common. Especially since my phys staff

They can keep synth items but put them back to the place they belong to. They should be exclusive drops in synth maps without the opportunity to reroll them 24/7 with beasts as it's the most stupid and tedious solution.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Aug 28, 2024, 2:38:19 AM
"maxed out player power which we already have more than plenty"

as long as you understand that this is your subjective opinion against ours
"
unsane wrote:
Eldritch Chaos/Annul/Exalt, Orb of Conflict, Conqueror Exalts, Orb of Dominance, Awakener's Orb, Fracturing Orb, Veiled Orb.

There's a wicked crafting system in this game, but it's gated behind extreme rarity. To the bottom 99.9% of the player base, this crafting system may as well not exist.

Playing SSF only once, it becomes crystal clear how stupidly rare these currencies are. You'll go a whole season and see 1 or 2 of each of these in total. You can't do anything with that. They aren't even final items, you need many of them to make one good, not even BiS item. High runes in D2 are in a similar rarity tier, yet HR are many orders of magnitude more powerful than a given high end 1-of PoE crafting currency item.

A fantastic system thrown out with the bathwater of extremely conservative economic considerations and perceived fears over replayability longevity.

Terrified of giving players fun due to theoretical fears. When people play for 2-3 weeks and come back next league for an economic wipe anyway. What are you afraid of?

+1. This is partly why I've quit. Way too much rarity in the higher-tier currencies, and it fucking pissed me off to the point where I just quit.
"
Mashgesture wrote:
rare currency is rare.

🤡
Last edited by Aulyx on Aug 28, 2024, 8:07:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info