Map modifier effect isnt fun and some scarabs are terribly balanced.

Scaling %map modifier effect feels awful. It just forces people to use regex because so many map mods brick builds when they are 2x effectiveness. That or you go back to the 6 portal defensive layer.

Scarabs are practically mandatory in almost every strat. Some of them massively increase difficulty, some place arbitrary up front costs on content, some are very poorly thought out. Some are so rare that almost nobody uses them or even knows about them.

Take the archeology scarab in expedition as an example. It probably triples your loot or more. If you want to farm expedition you would be dumb not to use it. But it bricks pretty much every single build because of all the immunity modifiers on remnants.

Or the harvest scarab of doubling. All it does is place a 20c up front cost per map to run harvest for no reason. It doesnt do anything meaningful, you are just stupid not to use it. The same goes for the harbinger warhoard scarab, breach splintering scarab.

Or the titanic scarabs. They are basically mandatory for MF/gold farming. But the toughness scaling can make mobs like 10x harder to kill.

A big consequence of these 2 systems is how its significantly changed the expectation of content difficulty builds need to handle. Its raised the minimum requirements of being viable. This makes early league and low budget progression even slower. It makes swapping builds even more tedious. Also its interesting to note how a lot of the meta SC builds are the same as the meta HC builds because juiced content has got so difficult and demanding.

Im not even going to bother talking about T17 issues.

But I dont know, maybe most people like playing 1 build a league and investing mirrors into it with the hope that they can one day do max juice T17. But I like trying multiple builds out. I like the "zero to hero" progression in arpgs. But it feels like GGG hasnt been considering that kind of playstyle and instead are just trying to give the top 0.1% something more to chase.

Last bumped on Aug 27, 2024, 12:49:09 PM
Play a better build.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Sanctified Scarabs I

0/500

btw
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Play a better build.

Glad someone understood the point i was making.
What? You don't like the "Add a random modifier that could brick your map" Scarab?
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
real problem that mods that can ruin/brick maps and IMMUNE/close to immune mods ever exists!

thats main problem not hard mods and not map effects but even cannnot leech - its trash mod for some archetip...
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info