Ruining trade

My trade got ruined many times by buying only one item
GGG, fix it, please! Auction is good, but whales can ruin your gold reserve buy doing this:

Or if orders are partially bought, gold should be returned
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2024, 9:18:01 PM
Things have to be perfectly divisible or they will only partially fulfill if someone buys only some of your order at whatever rate you set.

Since you cant trade fractions of stackables on currency exchange.

So in this case you were attempting to buy those essences at 3.51 each. Someone sold some at 3 each and your order found 1 of them, so now you are at 348 chaos and 99.145299 essences to go, you cant buy portions of essences like that so it cancels your order.

You could see the issue of this if it kept going at 3 each eventually youll start getting more essences than what you originally were trying to buy

So to increase your chances of this not happening you could do 3.5 instead. If you wanted to outright have it not happen at all you just set it at 4.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Aug 25, 2024, 9:36:57 AM
"
Mashgesture wrote:
Things have to be perfectly divisible or they will only partially fulfill if someone buys only some of your order at whatever rate you set.

Since you cant trade fractions of stackables on currency exchange.

So in this case you were attempting to buy those essences at 3.51 each. Someone sold some at 3 each and your order found 1 of them, so now you are at 348 chaos and 99.145299 essences to go, you cant buy portions of essences like that so it cancels your order.

And why it should fulfill my order? My orders are to buy 100 units, not one. I've paid a hefty sum of gold for it, and it's ruined. If you cannot buy a part of an item, then just don't allow to do this - you can only buy only when you can buy, the rest should be returned and not prevent seller to sell his lot.
Last edited by Wedlor on Aug 25, 2024, 9:39:29 AM
Well I didnt design the system.

But if its that then yea someone would HAVE to ONLY sell you 100 then. Rather than it finding you the best prices.

And it would have to come from one source or update if someone sells you only partially.... it would be a mess honestly.

It would essentially have to find you a perfect trade rather than pooling trades across everyone.

Maybe in a next iteration there could be a toggle of only a full trade allowed?
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Aug 25, 2024, 10:02:38 AM
"
Mashgesture wrote:

But if its that then yea someone would HAVE to ONLY sell you 100 then. Rather than it finding you the best prices.

And it would have to come from one source or update if someone sells you only partially.... it would be a mess honestly.

It would essentially have to find you a perfect trade rather than pooling trades across everyone.

Nah it doesn't have to be the whole 100 in any shape or form. They could just make the order stick as long as the chaos remaining amount stays above the price you listed as max price per (essence in this case). There is absolutely 0 reason to cancel the whole order just because 1 was bought. It is super frustrating and unintuitive to lose gold this way. People are deliberately griefing others in hope of selling their "perfectly divisible" orders and make more currency. It is just a bad design.
"
arknath wrote:
"
Mashgesture wrote:

Nah it doesn't have to be the whole 100 in any shape or form. They could just make the order stick as long as the chaos remaining amount stays above the price you listed as max price per (essence in this case). There is absolutely 0 reason to cancel the whole order just because 1 was bought. It is super frustrating and unintuitive to lose gold this way. People are deliberately griefing others in hope of selling their "perfectly divisible" orders and make more currency. It is just a bad design.

True, if i have chaos remaining, the order should remain, maybe change the ration if it's not enough, but not at 300 chaos left.
maybe i am dead wrong but maybe you could make 10 smaller orders instead of one fat one to avoid this issue?

and ofc partially completed orders should refund proportional gold, its dissapointing how this is not day 1 functionality
Last edited by Bosscannon on Aug 25, 2024, 2:30:52 PM
"
Bosscannon wrote:
maybe i am dead wrong but maybe you could make 10 smaller orders instead of one fat one to avoid this issue?

and ofc partially completed orders should refund proportional gold, its dissapointing how this is not day 1 functionality

I know, but that's not the solve of the main problem - anyone can ruin big or small order, just when you go offline
imho, despite everyone else offering solutions, i really think GGG needs to solve this.

1 easy fix is by making an option to trade only in bulk. got less than the quantity i want? no deal.

3.5 rate should be for the bulk sale.

[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info