Consistent Ritual Altar Crashes

I am having a strange issue with POE where it seems that if too many assets are loading onto screen, specifically during heavy waves of blight and ritual altars, my game immediately freezes and disconnects me. It does not seem to matter what map/type of altar/type of mobs, more frequently on multipathed blight lanes or the 4th ritual altar.

I've repasted my CPU, cleaned all fans and radiators, and have reasonable curves for my CPU and GPU. Usually, my CPU hovers around 70C in light gameplay and may hit 75-80C under heaviest loads. The GPU is usually 40-50C.

Once I ruled out temperature for the crashes, I performed a clean install of my Nvidia drivers using DDU, and I uninstalled POE and re-installed from Steam. I notice no performance issues with the game, and my framerate is quite good, up to and including the moment that the game freezes. It always closes with the Windows message to wait/close, and I never receive an error report for the crash.

Is there a way to glean from my client what is causing the crash or to give me a client error report? I am beginning to suspect that it is a memory leak or corruption when my PC is accessing RAM. I play on a Ryzen 7900X with an RTX4090 at 3440x1440. The issue has gotten 75% less frequent after the uninstall of POE, but it still happens.
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2024, 4:56:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info