"Standard Player" Honest Feedback

HI Chris, Team

Hope you guys are doing well, just wanted to give a bit of feedback from my end.

First off amazing game i played a long time ago tho at that time was getting my ass handed to me and realized i made way more money trading anyways so did that for a while and dropped out, didnt play much at that point was enjoying trading way more.

A bunch of years later, being now I saw the Settlers league start and thought it was great time as that rung a bell with me to join in as well.

So the usual loaded up a build guide and copied it as is and started my game. All was well till after the campaign where the massive mistakes of how the build guild was suppose to be followed came into view.

few things

Build guides do not show the relation to connecting skills, implicates and jewels, so unless the players has a deep knowledge he is going to get shafted later as most people(talking about my self now)

open the build page and well how hard could this be....
so need that gear relatively similar stats and those jewels and we good to go.
Unfortunately reality is very different once you finish the campaign and hit mapping side of things or earlier depending on how much you deviate. Moved to the second phase of getting this solved, jumped in to the discord end game help section, asked for a bit of help as I had no idea why i was getting my ass handed to me and getting one shot.

A very helpful individual joined on a call with me and pulled up POB and starting explaining to me all the colorations and issues and links with all the things....frankly blanked out out in a few minutes in as there is no way for me follow all that..... and hell iam not studying for a PHD.

I know POE is the hardcore game base and iam aware the depths and complexities it brings and as well an enjoyment but from my end i see its huge limitation as i dont have the time to invest to study all the mechanics and linking'es of all the things together. Tho probably gonna get roasted from saying this by people who consider this knowledge basic and have memorized/studied it.

Iam aware the POE2 is a on the horizon there are many mechanics that could be implemented to navigate (standard) gamers to make better decisions without bricking their character. Being act based or map tier based. Iam also aware that a simplification of defences is in the works but that is only scratching the surface. I do hope that you will integrate some kind of base over lay mechanics. As iam at a point where i have 2 choices,drop money on RMT to literally copy a build 1:1 with everything, but frankly that wont solve the main problem which is the understand how the game works(which means every league will have to drop money to get what i need since i have no idea how it all correlates) and frankly need more tabs as well but again not really motivated to get them as well, the game play experience isnt pleasent, well mainly of getting 1 hit killed every map passed 10.

Managed to hit the maps and was having loads of fun, got bricked due to the many mistakes of how guides are setup and flow introduced, capped out around tier 10 maps(which is a better outcome as the first time capped out in the Acts). And it is extremely frustrating as i would like to play more but for the life of me dont want to spend weeks learning all the complexities, would rather the game teach, or give me a heads up on wrong decisions.

Anyways, just some thoughts form my end.

There are many solutions to this even out side of the game design side which iam sure you are aware so i do hope you guys manage to put something together for POE2.

GG

Last bumped on Aug 22, 2024, 3:14:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info