Horned Scarab of Glittering!!!

Hello GGG,

So I wanted to do t17 maps using the scarab farm strategy to notice that the Horned Scarab of Glittering has the word "recently" which I assume means the last 4 seconds.

I don't understand why GGG would force players to use specific fast-based builds which are expensive in combination with HeadHunter just to get the most out of Glittering Scarab for it to be profitable.

What about people who have builds that can run the t17+scarab strategy at average/slow speed or they like to pick items on the go or are just slow-style players, and can't benefit from that scarab? they just stop using it and don't enjoy the game like fast-based builds?

I don't understand why you would lock the power of the Glittering scarab behind such a condition when you guys have already nerfed Quantity. Even if the condition is removed the Quantity will still be less than last league.

The condition "recently" should be removed because I ran 20 t17 maps with this strategy just to test if it would be profitable or not using my average speed build, and I know it's not enough sample for some of you, but the results are quite shocking. I ended up losing half of my investment.
Last edited by Eilatra on Aug 22, 2024, 6:07:41 PM
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2024, 9:10:36 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with having Scarabs that benefit certain types of builds. Fast builds have always been more profitable in PoE anyways.
One could argue the benefits are a bit too high.

When u know, that u can't make use of the scarab, because u're not running a fast build then it's no surprise u don't make as much profit or even losing money because that Scarab might be pretty expensive.

So why run that strategy in the first place, when there are so many more out there?
You tried it out(possibly with your league satrter or whatever). If you realize it is to frustrating for you opt in for a cheaper strategy, like generic strongbox farming(you don't have to use the very expensive one) or whatever where you can chill out try to hit some altars and backtrack some boxes, loot stuff as you go instead of relentlessly go zoom zoom...

High investment doesn't mean you just play a couple of maps and then you make profit usually it involves some jackpot hits, therefore requires a lot of maps...

I tried a handfull and it went well on the first few until i started to fail more bosses than i completed. So i went back to jungle valley where i feel comfy^^ 50 chaos investment per map is so chill and you can sell expensive stuff to other players with a higher frustration tolerance xd
what in the world does the OP mean lol? Did you forget about the BASE scarabs and how they prefer certain types of builds?

A glass cannon build isn't likely to use Ultimatum scarabs. A slow build isn't likely to use breach scarabs. You choose just one scarab and totally ignore that the entire system and PoE as a whole is designed to limit content around the type of build you created.

Horned Scarab is a rarer scarab, that alone should make it MORE restrictive on which build can best utilize it.
"
Sadaukar wrote:
I don't think there's anything wrong with having Scarabs that benefit certain types of builds. Fast builds have always been more profitable in PoE anyways.
One could argue the benefits are a bit too high.

When u know, that u can't make use of the scarab, because u're not running a fast build then it's no surprise u don't make as much profit or even losing money because that Scarab might be pretty expensive.

So why run that strategy in the first place, when there are so many more out there?

Yes, there's nothing wrong with different types of builds and strategies that benefit them, but not when it's such a generic deterministic scarab.

Especially, after they removed the quantity because then it becomes mandatory for any builds whether they are fast/slow or in between to use it when they want to make a profit from any endgame strategy using that scarab.

Remember it's not some type of scarab that is related to a specific mechanic in the game. it's a generic one that can be used with too many mechanics. Therefore, it should be used with any build.

BTW my build is pretty fast and tanky. I was testing it from the perspective of a relaxed slow/average speed to see what the outcome would be. I wasn't surprised by the results. I knew it was going to be a loss, but I was shocked by how much I lost.

Last edited by Eilatra on Aug 22, 2024, 6:06:19 PM
"
Strickl3r wrote:
You tried it out(possibly with your league satrter or whatever). If you realize it is to frustrating for you opt in for a cheaper strategy, like generic strongbox farming(you don't have to use the very expensive one) or whatever where you can chill out try to hit some altars and backtrack some boxes, loot stuff as you go instead of relentlessly go zoom zoom...

High investment doesn't mean you just play a couple of maps and then you make profit usually it involves some jackpot hits, therefore requires a lot of maps...

I tried a handfull and it went well on the first few until i started to fail more bosses than i completed. So i went back to jungle valley where i feel comfy^^ 50 chaos investment per map is so chill and you can sell expensive stuff to other players with a higher frustration tolerance xd

Where did I say it was frustrating? I have been playing this game for over 12 years. Believe me, it's too late for that :D.

I have different strategies. I know they exist in the game, but I opened this post for the specific reason that Glittering is a generic must-use scarab for endgame farming for any strategy in the game, so it should be used by all builds regardless of speed.

I was just testing to see what the outcome would be like.
Last edited by Eilatra on Aug 22, 2024, 5:49:57 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
what in the world does the OP mean lol? Did you forget about the BASE scarabs and how they prefer certain types of builds?

A glass cannon build isn't likely to use Ultimatum scarabs. A slow build isn't likely to use breach scarabs. You choose just one scarab and totally ignore that the entire system and PoE as a whole is designed to limit content around the type of build you created.

Horned Scarab is a rarer scarab, that alone should make it MORE restrictive on which build can best utilize it.

I meant since it's a generic must-use endgame scarab that can work with almost all strategies, then it should be used by any build. The speed of the build shouldn't be the deterministic factor for its use.

You are talking about the difficulty of strategies with your example. I'm talking about speed... being fast is not difficult.

I chose that scarab because it can be combined with too many strategies.

I didn't ignore the design of the game btw. They are the ones who removed the quantity and gave us that scarab in its place. Therefore, it's a replacement for quantity and a must-use endgame scarab. So, why is it related to speed?

Rare generic use scarab. it shouldn't be restrictive to any build because it's generic.
Last edited by Eilatra on Aug 22, 2024, 6:01:22 PM
They designed an item which gives you mf for killspeed. It's not must-use, you can do the strongbox thingy without it^^ The good strongbox scarab is expensive yes, but you can do exatly what you posted. Loot on the go, be slow if you can't help it and backtrack and whatnot...it even makes the map much easier...Slow style, pick up items on the go, those were your own words...Scarab is not for you, do the strongbox thingy. It's popular for a reason^^
Last edited by Strickl3r on Aug 22, 2024, 6:12:50 PM
"
Eilatra wrote:

I meant since it's a generic must-use endgame scarab that can work with almost all strategies, then it should be used by any build. The speed of the build shouldn't be the deterministic factor for its use.

You are talking about the difficulty of strategies with your example. I'm talking about speed... being fast is not difficult.

I chose that scarab because it can be combined with too many strategies.

I didn't ignore the design of the game btw. They are the ones who removed the quantity and gave us that scarab in its place. Therefore, it's a replacement for quantity and a must-use endgame scarab. So, why is it related to speed?

Rare generic use scarab. it shouldn't be restrictive to any build because it's generic.

Says who? Because I don't see anything written on the scarab that says its a "generic must-use" scarab for every build....it spells out directly on the scarab what it does and what you would be required to do to keep it at maximum. It's STILL generic (used for ALL mechanics), but generic doesn't mean "absent of strategy".

I am NOT talking about difficulty. I am talking about literal mechanic dos and don'ts. You DON'T run a speed mechanic with a slow build. You DON'T run a highly damaging, enclosed space mechanic with a glass cannon. It has nothing to do with difficulty, merely the preferences of the mechanics.

You are ignoring so much simply because of your fomo around this one scarab. I am SURE there are numerous other scarabs you would never use because....your build isn't meant to use them.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 22, 2024, 6:27:15 PM
So, it seems like this turned into an argument forum instead of feedback and suggestions. Therefore, I'm going to end this post with this reply then I'm not responding to anyone because I'm not here to argue.

1- The purpose of the post is to give feedback and a suggestion regarding the Glittering scarab.

2- Because of the generic nature of the scarab and the fact it can make a big difference in endgame farming the condition "recently" should be removed.

3- It should be used regardless of the speed nature of the build and the player if they are capable of doing endgame farming.

4- The scarab is a replacement for the removed quantity and quantity was available for EVERYONE regardless of their SPEED or what strategies they are doing. That's why, this scarab should be too.

5- If anyone is still struggling to understand my feedback and suggestion then just reverse the condition on the scarab so it will become beneficial only for slow players rather than fast players and then you might get the point. I'm pretty sure the forum will erupt in flames if that happens, Including the streamers and content creators, you will hear them complaining about it everywhere.

Goodluck exiles
Piece out

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info