Remove "dealbreaker" map mops

They are only annoying and either a) just work as a sink for chaos orbs or b) make maps simply unusable if they are corrupted.

Nonsense like "players can't regenerate..." and "monsters reflect..." should be gone entirely, they serve no other purpose than to annoy.

Thanks.
Last bumped on Aug 20, 2024, 5:25:56 AM
I wonder why people aren't more annoyed by the reduced regen of everything mod. It can make 99.9% of builds unplayable if you boost it to above 100%, haha
It sometimes feels like somebody had an idea about map mods and then they are simply added to the pool without further consideration.

I hope that PoE 2 will see a more considerate approach to "what is good and what it just utter nonsense".
No, they make sense. They promote certain builds which would otherwise be unpopular. Miners and trappers, for example, remain fringe and the situation would have been worse if the reflect map mods didn't exist (these builds obviously don't care about reflect). No regen/leech is very similar. If one of them didn't exit, it'd tip the scales towards the other type of builds.

100% reduced all regen is the king of all though, it's like the last boss that can't be beaten unless you are running something like falling zombies which cost 0 mana or are depending on the devouring diadem.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Aug 20, 2024, 3:32:37 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
No, they make sense. They promote certain builds which would otherwise be unpopular. Miners and trappers, for example, remain fringe and the situation would have been worse if the reflect map mods didn't exist (these builds obviously don't care about reflect). No regen/leech is very similar. If one of them didn't exit, it'd tip the scales towards the other type of builds.

100% reduced all regen is the king of all though, it's like the last boss that can't be beaten unless you are running something like falling zombies which cost 0 mana or are depending on the devouring diadem.

Trappers and Miners fringe? They make up most of the caster builds in this game. Hexblast and Firetrap just to name the 2 that have been dominating the meta for several years now. Selfcast is the fringe playstyle in POE, it's worse and less popular than even melee at it's worst times which is quite a feat. Reflect immunity is just one of their countless benefits.
Run your maps without mods if you can't handle them.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Trappers and Miners fringe? They make up most of the caster builds in this game. Hexblast and Firetrap just to name the 2 that have been dominating the meta for several years now. Selfcast is the fringe playstyle in POE, it's worse and less popular than even melee at it's worst times which is quite a feat. Reflect immunity is just one of their countless benefits.

Ice Nova of Frostbolts has been more popular than miners for awhile now. Even now when there is some competition thanks to Ball Lightning or Orbiting.
Last edited by sownice on Aug 23, 2024, 7:14:47 AM
"
sownice wrote:
"
Run your maps without mods if you can't handle them.

[Removed by Support]

What difference does it make if I don't play the mod? The game still remains botched in many ways.

Let's add Petrified to that.

Then you stand there as a statue for 4 seconds and don't do anything anymore. Should I now include 100% debuff reduction in every build in addition to the 150 other defense layers so that this game doesn't produce anything useless to ruin the game?

Ok chaos orb it then done.

At this point you my as well just run maps white without any penalty.

I can't do less recovery? - Chaos orb done
I can't do -max resist - chaos orb done?

If it's corrupted well that's on you; Skip do another map pretty basic.

So yes if you have issues ROLL THE MAP OR RUN IT WHITE LOL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Jenn_GGG on Aug 20, 2024, 5:52:39 AM
map mods are flavour and add appeal to characters that can run all of them and detract from characters that aren't.

I do agree with of them should get cut, but honestly we could do with some new ones too to cuck over a few of the "too easy" builds too.

The whole modifier system has gotten extremely messy though so it kinda is what it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info