Map Runners Poor RNG

Level 1 & 2 map runners got a couple rare & magic level 3 maps done in the very beginning before dying.

Then 3 runners level 2 & 2 runners level 3 could get nothing done, immediately dying within the first minute of each normal or magic Tier 1 & 2 map given to them.

I don't understand why this is starting out so poorly but I imagine there are similar experiences across the board. A level 3 Runner died on their first map, a normal Tier 1 Scriptorium within 1 minute. I just hired them.

I don't think map running should start out this way. I don't know if it is programmed to get better or what, but it doesn't make sense to front-load a bad experience.

Thanks
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2024, 11:03:14 PM
It doesn't get better.
The implementation should be better, a bunch of lv3 shippers can take a ship to a dock.
but a bunch of lv3 mappers can't even survive white maps.
a team of lv5 mappers can't even do t5s without dying constantly.
it's not a great experience at the low-middle end
considering they bring back total junk
just wait until theyre all lvl 9+ to even mess with the mapping.
"
Jixa87 wrote:
It doesn't get better.
The implementation should be better, a bunch of lv3 shippers can take a ship to a dock.
but a bunch of lv3 mappers can't even survive white maps.
a team of lv5 mappers can't even do t5s without dying constantly.
it's not a great experience at the low-middle end
considering they bring back total junk

thanks for letting me know. GGG should improve this experience. It looks cool in the league trailer but is basically 'inaccessible' at the point-in-progression where a player wants all the lateral help they can get.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
just wait until theyre all lvl 9+ to even mess with the mapping.

okay thanks. I will wait until about level 9 runners are available.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info