ACTUAL STATE OF THE GAME MACOS

I feel like we are back 15 years in time, trying to play cracked games following absurd steps to make it work and don't crash.

This is senseless, the amount of bugs and the current state of the game for weeks and almost months in MacOS it's unbelievable.

If you even have the chance to manage to launch the game (that takes several tries, very precise and absurd timing and steps, and a lot of luck) let me tell you that you will prefer not to.
To make it work (tested via steam) you have to, as soon the game opens, click very quickly the LOG IN button, or else you are gonna see your models fucked up and game won't connect or either will crash. You passed this trial, nice but you didn't enter the game. Next step: Char selection. Here are some considerations: if you press PLAY to soon the game will crash, if you wait a little game won't connect and you'll have to restart. Some users have different solutions, clicking the flags, waiting, turning off Vsync. Mine was waiting a little bit without pressing play a game eventually will start, but lately this theory fell apart, so my conclusion and the only explainable reason it's: Luck.

Multithreading not working, cool. That means 30fps in closed maps, 15-20fps in very open maps with a lot of fog and particles that you cannot deactivate, 5fps in T16-17 maps. Unplayable, very cool.

Not even that, if you think all of that it's weird in the last patch when you enter a new a area (this includes maps, hideouts, etc) you have 50/50 chance of falling into a massive lag spike that causes freezing a of course, possible death. The thing is, if you go to another area problem solved! no lag, but remember... 50/50.

So what's the deal? I really prefer not having the game at all, that having it in this state and wanted to play so bad.

and no, I'm not buying a windows i just really want to know if this is going to be fixed or not and stop spending time and resources.

Last bumped on Aug 21, 2024, 11:07:28 AM
The game simply will not let me log a character in and immediately after the "Unable to connect" screen will not even connect to another login server. I have seen only one crash.
Regarding the macbook mine is the latest version with intel CPU and a Radeon Pro 560. Somehow my son can play on a similar hardware PC with Linux of all things without problems.
I gave up for the same issues. Steam has confirmed on multiple occasions
that the problem is not on their end. My Macbook is only a couple of years old and was purchased for gaming. Oddly enough I have a 11 years old Windows 8.1 PC that works with the 3.25 patch. The problem is that the PC is almost a museum piece and runs like one legged dog.

Just really upset at this point. Also the hundreds of dollars wasted in the GGG shop. They have rn their business into the dirt.
I don't know about that bit mate I think you're overreacting and macbooks aren't really bought for gaming more like gaming is something I'd like to be able to do every now and again after working... Nevertheless it's annoying that Baldur's Gate 3 works fine on the machine where POE fails :)
Would be amazing if this problem would see some developer eyes as I'm certain there's more people who would like to play on holidays or out and about when you only take your work laptop with you. For my normal gaming I have my game development machine which is perfectly fine...
I 100% back up this post, i am beyond frustration, its just really sad to have to quit because.

thank you for nothing ggg
They should have never added support for non windows OS's, far too few use them, it won't ever get the attention to keep it all up to date all the time and the reporting is lacklustre (specs, os version etc)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
They should have never added support for non windows OS's, far too few use them, it won't ever get the attention to keep it all up to date all the time and the reporting is lacklustre (specs, os version etc)

Mac support was fine, until the Apple CEO go insane to not install any Nvidia /AMD/Intel chip into the Mac. That mean on good side app written for iPhone probably also works on M series Macbook, but bad side is fuck up everything based on Intel/AMD's x86-64 or simply Intel-Mac environment
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
This is very easy, either the employee who masters the game's programming on MacOS is on vacation or GGG does not prioritize having the game on MacOS and they do not invest a dollar in making it work.
Since patch 3.25 came out I have not been able to even log in on my MacMini M1 with the fully updated iOS.
I have been playing since the game was in beta... and now I have more time... and it is frustrating not being able to play in August.
"
ILAYASFG wrote:
This is very easy, either the employee who masters the game's programming on MacOS is on vacation or GGG does not prioritize having the game on MacOS and they do not invest a dollar in making it work.
Since patch 3.25 came out I have not been able to even log in on my MacMini M1 with the fully updated iOS.
I have been playing since the game was in beta... and now I have more time... and it is frustrating not being able to play in August.

Try one of those options - https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Guide:Path_of_Exile_on_Mac_using_Windows_Client
Can also join the discord
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
ILAYASFG wrote:

Try one of those options - https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Guide:Path_of_Exile_on_Mac_using_Windows_Client
Can also join the discord

Thank you.
I'm running the portingkit version and let's say it's not wow like before patch 3.25 but it's indeed more playable and easy to log in.
Awakened poe trade macos version works nice with this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info