Maven is BS

Maven is the worst design in online gaming, an arena of eye cancer and then a bullshit mechanic for the final part.
This wouldn't be a problem but you've made the additional idiot design choice by putting a voidstone there and thus a requirement for progression of the game.
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2024, 4:15:30 AM
Maven is a pretty cool fight by design, it forces you to do mechanics while fighting her. What sucks is the bug that pushes you into the beams in the last phase. failed 2 uber mavens in a row to it. (admittedly the first one was limit testing tanking cascade of pain and the slam) still had the bug and was unable to do memory game with beams though.
You can't do the memory game therefor = it's bullshit

So basically YOU CAN'T DO IT = BAD DESIGN
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

The way you format your posts is pretty toxic, you can convey a message without the unnecessary drama.

could be tongue in cheek but i doubt it.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

The way you format your posts is pretty toxic, you can convey a message without the unnecessary drama.

could be tongue in cheek but i doubt it.

Theres no point interacting with such a person as their entire history is this bait style of shit posting.

I don't care if I'm good enough to complete mechanics, but I do care if there are important functional unlocks tied to BS, no matter what that is.

The smelters eating all your ore despite not having someone picked for the job being a good example of idiotic gameplay design considering there are requirements for ore on the upgrade paths of the town.

The Maven is nonsense because it ties map completion mechanics behind a sensory overload boss, like it or not, I shouldn't be punished from content because of a sensory issue, if it was just a boss then I would move on, but its not and its required to get a proper map competition aka its bad game design and not a case of 'git gud'
Last edited by eversorgod on Aug 17, 2024, 4:10:49 AM
Sensory overload? Really?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Aug 17, 2024, 4:43:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info