Channeled Skill Nodes on Passive Tree

For context, I've only been playing PoE actively since the Crucible League. So if my request was previously in the game and removed/modified, let me know.

My feedback is that I don't believe there are any nodes in the passive tree that modify or enhance gameplay for Channeled Skills. Now for some channeled skills such as cylone, scaling damage has multiple options. But for other skills like scorching Ray, I would argue there are less options. Especially for Defenses while channeling.

It would seem to me that there is an opportunity for Channeled Nodes to be added onto the skill tree in a few spots to give these abilities a boost. I think this is certainly needed for channeled abilities that require your character to stand stationary during the cast. From watching creators such as Ziz and Mathil, PoE's landscape has changed and become much more diverse as far as enemies and combat that it simply is not viable to have builds that require stationary, channeled abilities to be the main source of damage.

Perhaps there are issues with this such as the interaction with channeled abilities on totems and maybe GGG has not added these nodes to push people to other styles of play. I'm not sure. All I know is that I would love there to be more flexibility and options for channeled skill gameplay. Some suggested nodes and passives that could get the thoughts flowing. Some of these are probably OP but hey I'm still learning.

Keystones:
-Channelling a Skill Grants %Increased Armor, %Increased All Elemental Resistances. This Bonus stacks up to 3 the longer you channel(4.5 seconds for full stacks) and persists for a duration after the channel ends.

-Channelling Skills are now supported by Whisps Support Gem.

-You are Immune to Negative Ailments while Channelling a Skill. When you stop channeling, receive a DoT that damages your player that scales in damage and duration based on the Ignored Ailments during the channel.

Passive Clusters:
-Increased Life/Mana Leech While Using a Channeled Skill.
-Channeled Skills gain 1% Increased Damage the longer the channel(Max 10%).
-While Channelling, Gain 15% Movespeed. If the Channel is stationary, gain 20% reduced resource cost and 10% increased Life Recovery.
-Gain 20 Armor for Each Nearby Corpse while channeling
-While Channelling, Incoming damage has a 1% chance to instead heal the player for the amount that would've been received as damage.

Last edited by Vexxler on Aug 15, 2024, 11:32:44 PM
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2024, 11:30:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info