Patch in Maps as Currency on the trader.

i feel like maps should be part of the currency exchange trader.

you can sell Valdo's on there why not the rest of the maps? or at the very least all the unique, T17, conq and shaper/elder maps.
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2024, 5:17:15 AM
Maps aren't currency.

Valdo's puzzle box isn't a map.
Valdos is stored on the maps tab, and from memory its a T17 map with a foil reward.

its also not really a currency imo.

you can also sell fragments, breaches, Legions, maven Writs, simulacrums ect ect which imo are basically sudo maps / boss fights and also not "currency"

reguardless i stil feel liek maps (in particular unique. T17, and all the guardian maps)

should be sellable on the trader. it would just be convinient to help with things liek atlas completion and getting rid of T17's that your (my) build cannot do lol (and have no intention of doing this league).

its annoying needing to trade 1 by 1 to get rid of 40 T17's. you put them up and get spammed with a billion whispers. its a mess lol.

at 70c+ a map they feel like currency to me :P
Last edited by Galal_PC on Aug 16, 2024, 6:23:04 AM
Valdo Maps are stored in the maps tab, which cannot be traded via Faustus because they are maps.

Valdo's Puzzle Box is currency and everything else you named is a fragment. None of these are maps, regardless of what they "feel like" to you.

What's the difference?

Maps are items, which means they exist inside of the game in a fundamentally different way than currency, fragments, essences, and divination cards. One particular Maze of the Minotaur map is NOT identical to a different Maze of the Minotaur map, even if they are both 0% with no affixes. It's the same as two different Tabulas Rasa: just because they appear to be the same doesn't mean you can stack them because they are NOT the same.

There is zero difference between one particular chaos orb and a different chaos orb, which is why they can be stacked and unstacked at will. Currency items don't have item levels or distinct item IDs which are retained from creation to consumption, you can't modify them in any way, etc.
how are fragments, breaches, Legions, maven Writs, simulacrums ect different to maps?

apart from being formed out of "currency shards"

id say they are fundamentally the same as maps. "sudo maps"

its an item (like a map) that you place in the map device to open portals to an area with monsters / bosses to kill that drop random loot (along with an additional small drop table of items specific to said boss / encounter). almost exactly like a map.

"

There is zero difference between one particular chaos orb and a different chaos orb, which is why they can be stacked and unstacked at will. Currency items don't have item levels or distinct item IDs which are retained from creation to consumption, you can't modify them in any way, etc.

i agree that 1 chaos orb is the same as another and yet 1 valdos puzzle box IS fundamentally different to another as its a container holding randomized contents unlike everything else that is deemed "currency".
its the odd one out in the entire currency trader.

in the end its all a gamble. they all have innate intrinsic value along with the currency having random outcomes on use, the invitations have random drops, maps have random modifiers, valdos boxes have random contents.

agree to disagree i guess. still think maps should be part of the trader.
I wholeheartedly agree! I need to (seemingly) do a lot of Atoll maps to get the Coastal Hideout (and the other hideouts from the different other maps) on my account, and it would be IMMENSELY easier to get bulk from Faustus than from the website.

Also, Neon has expressed disgust with people not responding to trade requests via the website, but I'm now having to do just that with a Fungal Hollow map to complete it and get the craft within it!

MARK, DO SOMETHING, PLEASE!!!
Last edited by Aulyx on Aug 16, 2024, 10:05:53 PM
atleast someone else wants QOL :)
"
Galal_PC wrote:
how are fragments, breaches, Legions, maven Writs, simulacrums ect different to maps?

apart from being formed out of "currency shards"

id say they are fundamentally the same as maps. "sudo maps"

its an item (like a map) that you place in the map device to open portals to an area with monsters / bosses to kill that drop random loot (along with an additional small drop table of items specific to said boss / encounter). almost exactly like a map.

"

i agree that 1 chaos orb is the same as another and yet 1 valdos puzzle box IS fundamentally different to another as its a container holding randomized contents unlike everything else that is deemed "currency".
its the odd one out in the entire currency trader.

in the end its all a gamble. they all have innate intrinsic value along with the currency having random outcomes on use, the invitations have random drops, maps have random modifiers, valdos boxes have random contents.

agree to disagree i guess. still think maps should be part of the trader.

Fragments can't be modified the way maps can. They don't have item levels or unique item IDs. They are fundamentally different in the code of the game.

And no, Valdos Box is not a map because it "contains" a map any more than a stack of div cards is the thing they give you. The use of the currency having different possible outcomes is a nonsense argument; different chaos orbs can give different outcomes, but you agree that every chaos orb is the same. You're contradicting yourself here.

It's not about QoL, it's about how the currency exchange works. Maps are not currency and fragments are not maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info