Abandoning ship

Not even to maps yet but this league is making me ultra bored, I cant even place whats making me bored, its just not fun feeling.

Just gonna dip out and wait for PoE2 beta later this year I guess.
S L O W E R
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2024, 1:25:42 PM
They don't know how to make players have fun without griding without having a social life, 30-50k gold do mantain the city for 1 hour is a joke.
No money until, GGG fix melee.
don't know, i'm beginning to start red maps now, workers are t5 on average, maintenance costs are down to 2k/h.

i't been higher but then the city would only run for 3h after i logout, so i kicked all workers except farmers. i make 4k gold per map i alch and run on average.

first were miners cause you only need them for a short time when you run maps.
then the sailors cause the only thing ships would return is a few runes for all the material i sent and some scrap currency.

then i kicked the dust guys caus running the shop so far from the start only summed up to 500k dust which isn't really worth it compared to the gold they used.

then i kicked the smithies cause ore bars are only really needed for the upgrades to town which i don't do cause i can't sustain the higher costs for hiring people and running t7+ workers anyway.

--

i'm aware that with 2h playtime per day i can't expect fortunes raining down on me but so far the league mechanic didn't really contribute to anything.

i expect it to get better when i fully get into red maps but that's another issue cause at level 92 and a level 60 i only found 2 divs so far and nobody seems to buy anything this league and upgrades are pretty pricey already.

didn't use the currency trading tech yet cause the normal trade is sufficient.

---

i thought that collecting gold would be fun but i can't stop clicking on gold coins when i run maps and it drives me crazy.
at one point i even thought it would be better if ggg went "full super mario bling bling bling" and made everything autopickup, then i could leave the game with a clear concious.

now that i reflected on my game experience i see that i'm a bit depressed and wonder where it came from. what really pisses me off is, that it applied to the early poe2 beta, got a invite to a questionaire but before i could do it, ggg kind of closed the invite process.
well, maybe i'm not helpful for their game experience evaluation anyway with the limited time i have cause i don't play this game on a professional level.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 15, 2024, 12:49:07 PM
1 t10 worker can have a wage that is over 2k. I think I have seen one at 3k. Considering you can like 50 workers good costs are almost unsustainable unless you are really really zooming.

The 5 div an hour meme is now 12k gold a map, which is only true in really ideal circumstances.

In my experience unmodded t16s give out 1.5 to 2k on average, while basic 60 quant gives about 5k. Really juicing that sucker might give you 10k, but then you need scarabs and a regex. And some of the scarabs for gold getting are like 100c.

In my opinion wages need to be like 50% lower and good for needs to be at least 30% higher. Also good should drop from every league mechanic.
Last edited by roundishcap on Aug 15, 2024, 12:57:32 PM
thing is, they can't increase gold return from mechanics cause it would allow whealthy players to abuse the currency trading tech.

--

from a game design pov, why did they call the general item "gold" anyway and didn't invente a new orb?

all the memories that come to mind when i hear "gold" and "arpg" are all "boring, useless, plingplingpling supermario autopickup fake rewards to somehow motivate you to keep playing and feel rewarding while not really rewarding you!"

--

oh man, i'm dropping to a new low, sorry for those reading this. when i start my lightning arrow ranger which isn't really able to target anything but always autotargets stuff as if i had a joystick to point into the direction of monsters i want to attack to, i feel like i'm a totem myself.

maybe playing melee again will save me. never thought i would be saying that but then, which melee skill requires a keyboard/mouse and can't be played the same or better with a joystick and buttons?
I just wanted to make a stupid pun and no one got it 😪

But for real, nothing about the town makes me excited. It's just kind of boring.
S L O W E R
"
ampdecay wrote:
I just wanted to make a stupid pun and no one got it 😪

But for real, nothing about the town makes me excited. It's just kind of boring.

sorry, i'm german and after work and a beer my reading and understanding skills are even more limited ;)

afaik the mechanic thats supposed to bring some excitement and rewards is the shipping.
they can't make it rewarding at early red maps but with the runes i got so far i could only add 10 ligthing damage to one of my bows.

i wonder how rewarding boat league is in ruthless mode.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info