In-game explanation on how Recombinators work.

Can we please get an in-game description of how Recombinators actually work?

All i can find is one comment from isla that's basically "put 2 of the same item type in, they get broken down, 1 new item is created with some of the mods of each"

But that does nothing to explain what the odds of keeping mods are or what mods are even allowed to be transferred. I've done about 30+ attempts on transferring delve/incursion mods and every single time the delve/incursion mod got deleted.

I was looking forward to farming temples/delve and experimenting with combining mods, but it's all been a total waste of time as everything was deleted and i dont know if it was just by chance or some hidden rule that was just never explained.

I've heard essence mods, fractures and influenced mods cannot be transferred- but not from anything in game, from other players on the forums.

Last bumped on Aug 14, 2024, 1:38:22 PM
Did you make your tests pre-patch? Chances of transferring rare mods were low before. Apparently better with 2.25.1
did 20 tests post patch, all incursion/delve mods deleted.

also had a bunck of +1 skill level amulets, every single +1 mod deleted.

and its not like it just chose another mod over these mods, im getting blues with only 1-2 mods on them as the result.
Okay, finally got 1 incursion mod to transfer to a different base.
So it is possible, it only took 200k gold to figure out.

Im kinda wondering that since incursion/delve mods dont have a tier to them, they dont benefit from the "rarer mods more likely to be kept" thing.
Post patch... Essence mod deleted. In fact, not only was the Essence mod deleted, the end result was one of the worst items I have ever seen. All the worst mods were kept. None of the good ones were kept. Not one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info