Upgrading specialized premium tabs with auto-pickup

I have an idea that might make you all react (at least I hope): How about having the option to upgrade a tab like the Currency, Map, Fossils (but not a 'regular' premium tab or a quad tab) with an auto-pickup functionnality?

Last Epoch have something simillar with their fragments in the fact you click once and all of them in range go to your inventory and then from there, a single button let's you put that in a stash somewhere without going back to town.

Diablo 4 have something like this as well with their crafting material. You pick it up but it no longer goes to your inventory.

And GGG proved this league that the auto pickup is possible with gold and it never goes to your inventory.

So how about we stop playing Path of Loot and we go back to killing mobs without having to mess with things that we need to pick up but are not fun to pick up?

Of course, since this is a free game and we already receive so much from GGG, I would not make this for free at all. I would do this in a 'pay for convenience' the same way we pay for tabs to sort things out.

My idea is quite simple: Someone could pay to upgrade their Currency tab with an auto-pickup upgrade and after this, as that person walks their maps, anything that fits the Currency tab would be automatically pickup from the ground and sent to the stash for future use. An upgrade per tab type would be available so we could do the same with essence, fossils, maps, etc. but every player could decide if they want to do it for all tabs or only those they use the most.

That way, GGG get a little bit from doing it and we get a massive quality of life from that.
Last bumped on Aug 14, 2024, 4:12:56 PM
Just read the first sentence so I will only comment on that one. I think that would be p2w. Your map clearance speed especially in mid game with more open loot filters would be much higher, since you don’t have to pickup non-equipment items. During mid game my loot time in maps is almost as high as my clear speed. With your suggestion in mind that would increase my div/h by 100%
Explain to me one thing then: How do you WIN in Path of Exile?

Because, for something to be pay to win, you must be able to win in the first place.
"
ulruc2525 wrote:
Explain to me one thing then: How do you WIN in Path of Exile?

Because, for something to be pay to win, you must be able to win in the first place.

It doesn't have to be "win", it can be an advantage, just like premium tabs are p2w because they give advantage of easier way to sell items. If you play in a competitive economy (and some of us do), speed gained from auto pickup is a thing.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
To me, I call this "pay for convenience", especially since the whole game is free.

I mean, both Last Epoch and Diablo 4 are paid games so I expect some quality of life to be free and included in it.

In POE, the game is free so I expect some quality of life to be free and some of it to be premium. But that is me there :)
"
ulruc2525 wrote:
To me, I call this "pay for convenience", especially since the whole game is free.

I mean, both Last Epoch and Diablo 4 are paid games so I expect some quality of life to be free and included in it.

In POE, the game is free so I expect some quality of life to be free and some of it to be premium. But that is me there :)

had there not been an economy in POE, like in diablo 3 after they removed the AH, then yeah it would be fine, but it absolutely is a kind of P2W, however so is premium stash tabs in general.

I just think looting currency has become ridiculous.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info