unable to start game. (Xbox series X)

I just installed the game and the menu comes up and says (press menu button to play / y options / LB current league info) but none of the inputs from my controller are working. my controller is signed into me, iv'e tried plugging it in, deleting save data, uninstalling game and reinstalling, resetting my xbox, nothing works. im just stuck on this screen with the music playing. i also have a mouse and keyboard plugged into my xbox and when i press enter it brings me to the character select but thats the only key that does anything on PoE. so im unable to chose any class i want. also im using an elite series 2 controller. when i swap profiles im able to use the controller and it works fine but its just on this account it wont work.
Last edited by ttv tbone on Aug 11, 2024, 5:08:24 PM
Last bumped on Aug 12, 2024, 5:00:56 PM
There was a bug where the native keyboard won't appear. But that was fixed in a patch. Are you not able to name the character? Also the external keyboard worked for me when this was an issue on league start day 1. Have you tried testing your controller on the xbox itself in the devices and pressing buttons and checking if they are registering.
its not the controller cause it works on everything but this game. its not the keyboard. literally no buttons work on my account but if i change accounts it works just fine. i cant get passed the first menu what so ever.
Last edited by ttv tbone on Aug 11, 2024, 5:07:35 PM
i figured out a the problem and solution. if you have a headset usb dongle for Bluetooth and the headset is connected to the account you want to play you will not be able to use the controller inputs on the game. so if you swap the headset to another profile it will work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info