Bad bal;ance of the new settlers weapon enchants.

2h Sword : Up to 100% local elemental damage. So up to x2 modifier on ele swords.

2h Mace : up to 50% added as every elements. So up to x2.5 modifier on phys maces.

2h Axe : A whoooping 25% local phys damage. So on a an axe that already has 200+ %local phys increase thats a very impressive 1.11 modifier.

Where the heck is the balance here?
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2024, 4:11:56 PM
Culling strike > flat phys enchant.

Which reminds me...
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Still only a 1.1 damage multiplier...
What balance?
They've mentioned that they've put more powerful enchants on all the rather unused base types to make them more interesting to use.

Also I think it's quite obvious to see why they did not put a x2.5 phys modifier on already pretty strong axes especially after the quality rework.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Aug 10, 2024, 12:23:06 AM
"
Krayken wrote:
2h Sword : Up to 100% local elemental damage. So up to x2 modifier on ele swords.

2h Mace : up to 50% added as every elements. So up to x2.5 modifier on phys maces.

2h Axe : A whoooping 25% local phys damage. So on a an axe that already has 200+ %local phys increase thats a very impressive 1.11 modifier.

So are you saying that this right here

Is a 2x modifier?

Cause thats not how that works.

I would also like to know who in the actual living crack is using that enchant.

And this ....

Is not a 2.5x modifier. This is quite literally, additive.

So both the mods you listed are not multipliers, they are additive. If you need an explanation on additive versus multiplicative refer to this webpage:

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Stat
Section: "More versus increased"

Culling strike is neither, and is special condition. Ignoring 10% of the mobs remaining health. This would be better in ... pretty much every scenario in the game versus these weak additive damage enchants. Thank you for your time.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Aug 10, 2024, 12:43:23 AM
"
Mashgesture wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:

So are you saying that this right here

Is a 2x modifier?

Cause thats not how that works.

I would also like to know who in the actual living crack is using that enchant.

And this ....

Is not a 2.5x modifier. This is quite literally, additive.

So both the mods you listed are not multipliers, they are additive. If you need an explanation on additive versus multiplicative refer to this webpage:

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Stat
Section: "More versus increased"

Culling strike is neither, and is special condition. Ignoring 10% of the mobs remaining health. This would be better in ... pretty much every scenario in the game versus these weak additive damage enchants. Thank you for your time.

The 100% ele is local. So yeah its literally a 2x modifier :

You have a weapon that deals 500 ele damage on average. With this mod it will deal 1000 ele damage. As simple as that.

The other is also indeed a 2.5 modifier :

You have a weapon that deals 500 physical damage.

With that enchant it will now deal

500 Phys
250 Fire
250 Cold
250 Lightning

Total : 1250 danmage. Literally a 2.5 modifier compared to the original 500 physical damage.

Im happy to educate yourself my friend.
"
Pashid wrote:
What balance?
They've mentioned that they've put more powerful enchants on all the rather unused base types to make them more interesting to use.

Also I think it's quite obvious to see why they did not put a x2.5 phys modifier on already pretty strong axes especially after the quality rework.

I understand that. But slapping 2x and 2.5x modifiers on maces and ele swords is quite overboard. An axe didn't have a base DSP of 2 times the 2h swords and maces.

Also, the local 100% on ele swords are for elemental weapons, which swords already were better than the axe to begin with because of their faster base attack speed. So that doesnt make sense.

they could give at least something decent to use with power runes on physical axes. Better than a 1.1 modifiers.
Last edited by Krayken on Aug 10, 2024, 11:03:19 AM
"
Krayken wrote:
The 100% ele is local. So yeah its literally a 2x modifier :

No its not oh.... man... why just why...

You are ... no pun intended. 100% still misinterpreting additive versus multiplicative.

You are adding damage here, its +100% weapon source, not 2x your damage. Its only the elemental damage on the weapon that is getting added damage.

You. Are. Not. Getting. 2x. Your. Damage. With. That. Mod. And. Any. Conversion. You. Also. Lose. Because. Of. The. First. Condition. On. It.

Which is probably why no one is using it. Conversion literally goes to -->0<-- when you use that enchant, you disable your physical damage.

You know, the one thing we ACTUALLY JUST GOT a multiplier to with quality on weapons this update. It would be self-int to use that enchant.

WHICH IS WHY, physical additive is probably not as high as the others. Because the base weapon damage just got a MASSIVE increase with quality this league.

Whereas elemental, did not.
"
Krayken wrote:

The other is also indeed a 2.5 modifier :

You have a weapon that deals 500 physical damage.

With that enchant it will now deal

500 Phys
250 Fire
250 Cold
250 Lightning

Total : 1250 danmage. Literally a 2.5 modifier compared to the original 500 physical damage.

Describing it as a "2.5 modifier" is a misinterpretation because it suggests a multiplicative effect, which is not the case. The correct way to describe it is that the mod adds extra damage, leading to a total damage output that happens to be 2.5 times the original physical damage, but not due to a multiplicative effect.

This enchant is ALSO dog crap. Who is using either of these mods? Please answer. Noone is.

Please... please please... please. Learn what additive is versus multiplicative. You straight up made something up about culling strike here:
"
Krayken wrote:
Still only a 1.1 damage multiplier

And then these are just false statements to begin with.
"
Krayken wrote:

Im happy to educate yourself my friend.

the Axe mod is the one off Banishing blade which is stronger than 1.1 really if you were going for that flavour
LOL if you dont have other sources of added damage then the sword IS a 2x multiplier. Almost nobody uses added damage gems anymore. And lol at losing damage if you convert. Builds that uses Elemental damage weapons don't care at all about the small physical part of it and converting damage wouldnt be worth the investment unless someone wants to run phys reflect map.

So yeah i stand my point, on an a build that uses an ele weapon, the sword enchant IS a pure 2x multiplier.

And on a build that uses a phys weapon and fully convert, the mace mod is a pure 2.5 multiplier unless he has other sources of phys % added as element, which would. What are those other sources? Hatred? Thats minuscule compared to the 150% the enchant provides. Added fire damage support? Nobody uses that. What else?

So yeah I stand my point, the mace enchant is truly a 2.5 multiplier. You can lower that to 2.2 if you want if the build has another source of % phys added as ele.
Last edited by Krayken on Aug 10, 2024, 4:11:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info