Purity of elements and burning ground

Hello

It seems pretty odd to me, that purity of elements grants immunity to chilling ground and shocking ground but not for burning ground. Maybe I don't understand something but I think it should do that.
Last bumped on Aug 8, 2024, 6:57:28 AM
"
RohenTalir wrote:
Hello

It seems pretty odd to me, that purity of elements grants immunity to chilling ground and shocking ground but not for burning ground. Maybe I don't understand something but I think it should do that.

Works as itended. Shocking and Chilling Ground are applying an Ailment to you which is "Shock" and "Chill". Burning Ground on the other hand applies a damage Debuff on you. So its not an Ailment -> Purity of Elements doesn´t protect you from it.
"
"
RohenTalir wrote:
Hello

Works as itended. Shocking and Chilling Ground are applying an Ailment to you which is "Shock" and "Chill". Burning Ground on the other hand applies a damage Debuff on you. So its not an Ailment -> Purity of Elements doesn´t protect you from it.

To expand on this. The ailment purity of elements grants immunity to is "ignite". Ignite causes you to burn aka applies fire damage over time. Burning ground does not apply ignite. It directly causes burn damage. So the ignite immunity is useless here.
Ok thanks I get it now.
But still, it seems unnecessarily convoluted, It should grant immunity to all elemental ground effects or none. Maybe it would be too strong although I doubt that

Ps: ok, the fact that burning is not an ailment is illogical to me
Last edited by RohenTalir on Aug 8, 2024, 6:32:51 AM
Think there is a shaper influ boot mod "unaffected by burning ground"

but yeah.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
-Heist Enjoyer-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type