Power Runes / Pirate Encounters - my conclusions

Hi. For the last two weeks I've played around 6-12 hours per day. That's a lot but I had two weeks off so I could afford it. And my biggest problem wit the Settlers league is frequency of Pirate Encounters and availability of Power Runes.

As I said, I played a lot so my Kingsmarch is fully maxed. Yesterday I send like 30 ships - no single encouter. Btw even with my gameplay time I still didn't even find Sasan or Black Knight :) . I actually met 6 or 7 x Admiral Valerius and idk if I was "lucky" or not but he give me Power Rune. The only one since league start.

One single Power Rune per lvl 100 this is definitely too rare for me special that I need like 60 of them xD .

I just wanna say that we play new leagues for new things. In this case = enchants. Unfortunately Power Rune is so rare that we are on the spot that maybe better is save currency and buy mirrored weapon which is already done with 3 x synth implicits and enchanted.

Thx, BB
Last bumped on Aug 8, 2024, 5:45:37 PM
Agreed. I have 2 right now. It feels like its going to take me 3 months to get the 15 for the enchant i want.

I'd sooner just change builds so i don't feel inclined to worry about it.
While I do not agree with the Pirate Encounter rarity, I do agree with the insane rarity of Power Runes.

Send a ~47 mil shipment earlier (cap is 50 mil) and didn't get a single Power Rune. That's simply too rare for someone playing alone on a PL to ever make any real progress with these enchants.
Last edited by FalkenRaiding on Aug 8, 2024, 9:35:37 AM
"
FalkenRaiding wrote:
While I do not agree with the Pirate Encounter rarity, I do agree with the insane rarity of Power Runes.

Send a ~47 mil shipment earlier (cap is 50 mil) and didn't get a single Power Rune. That's simply too rare for someone playing alone on a PL to ever make any real progress with these enchants.

as far as i know, power runes can only drop from the 3 bosses.

Thats the only place i have seen them. you have to just send shipments to the close places with small resources as fast as possible to encounter as many pirates. the black knight map dude is extremely rare and probably 1/1000 maps. ive found him 2 times. the mapper guy, i cant see how you can force encounter that more like you can with ships. if youre sending the 1-3 hr shipments idk if you will ever get enough power runes to enchant your weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info