(resolved) MacOS Sonoma: can't run the game after update

I installed the game on my new MacBook yesterday and everything was ok. However, today I started the client and it said there was an update to install. I did that, but every time I want to launch the game now it shows me an error message saying "Path of Exile is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Bin". How do I get it working again?

EDIT:
I found a solution in another thread that worked for me:

Open PoE. Let it crash and click move to trash.
Open finder and press Cmd+Shift+G
Paste "~/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile/" in the text box and press enter.
Open your trash and drag the PoE app into that folder.
Hold down option and right-click PoE (the one you just dragged into the folder, not the one in applications).
While still holding down option left click on "Open" and accept the dialog.
Last edited by Ciribomflax on Aug 6, 2024, 7:40:49 AM
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2024, 5:48:17 AM
try to sudo xattr -r -c /Applications/Path\ of\ Exile.app
Last edited by kryukich on Aug 6, 2024, 4:08:59 AM
Now a new error has appeared, it just crashes without starting (Steam client and Mac client)
I cant start the game in my M1 Max running with Sonoma 14.5 too
not working ... was working for like 2 days now I cant even log in ... fix mana burn vs people even playing ... what the FFFFFFFFF
"
kryukich wrote:
try to sudo xattr -r -c /Applications/Path\ of\ Exile.app

I ran the command, but nothing happened. It's still crashing with the same error message.
Last edited by Ciribomflax on Aug 6, 2024, 5:11:19 AM
I found a solution that worked for me in another thread:

Open PoE. Let it crash and click move to trash.
Open finder and press Cmd+Shift+G
Paste "~/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile/" in the text box and press enter.
Open your trash and drag the PoE app into that folder.
Hold down option and right-click PoE (the one you just dragged into the folder, not the one in applications).
While still holding down option left click on "Open" and accept the dialog.
"
kryukich wrote:
sudo xattr -r -c /Applications/Path\ of\ Exile.app

Thank you! This worked for me with a little finagling.

- I had to allow Terminal to make changes via Privacy & Security (I also allowed Steam, not sure if this is important)
- The Path of Exile App was in /Users/(Your Username Here)/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Path of Exile/PathOfExileClient.app (You can also find this by right clicking on the App while PoE client is open -> Options -> Show In Finder)
Last edited by XPRaider on Aug 6, 2024, 3:52:37 PM
In addition, You need to delete cache files before do this solution.

`~/Library/Caches/com.GGG.PathOfExile`

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info