Gold balance in maps vs non-map content is bad

If anything, non-map content such as delve, blighted maps or logbooks should give you MORE gold than plain mapping because you're already missing out on any ore veins.

It should not EVER be less and currently it is less. This needs to be patched.
Last bumped on Aug 5, 2024, 10:42:01 AM
plain mapping could use more gold
i dont even wanna think about how bad it is in off-map content
I couldn't tell you about blighted maps, but I get a ridiculous amount of gold delving.

Go deeper and faster I guess.
ill quit league sooner than i enter a delve
"
Bosscannon wrote:
ill quit league sooner than i enter a delve

Cool?

That's the best part of the atlas passive tree. You never have to do any content you don't want to do; I haven't run a single blight in the last three leagues and I don't intend to change that.

But OP did specifically talk about delving, which suggests to me that this is content they might be interested in.
Eh I see it as a trade off on most the non map mechanics. Just have savings from normal mapping if its such an issue.

Delve though, really starts to kick off in the 250-300 region. You actually start getting modifiers to the areas and more cities. Generally each city node is ~7k gold and im 300 currently.

Gold in t16s, is around 10-20k depending what mechanics you run. Can be more with investment. I get 15-20 consistently with blight/harvest.

T17s if you wanna run them you get about double. I got around 30-50ish on the ones I did so far.

Sanctum isnt dropping any but you are also running one of the most lucrative currency generating strategies in the game, so I think thats fine. Just have savings in your town.

Heist similarly if you plan to play/build around it, simplex and helical rings are hundreds of divs. Again just have savings in your town from normal mapping really.

Blighted maps are garbonzo for gold though.

I dunno this whole gold or not gold thing doesnt seem like an issue in these mechanics. You should have plenty from normal mapping.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
i am not even getting enough to do town comfortably and I do no outside of map content at all
how and when am i supposed to gamble with faustus or use the currency exchange feature - god knows
maybe its supposed to be better when you force through all the town upgrades and only need to spend on the wages - that remains to be discovered, but being in t16 maps and not having maxed out kingsmarch feels off balance to me
Last edited by Bosscannon on Aug 5, 2024, 8:37:23 AM
Delve I might agree and I'll try that because Delve 400 is one of challenge criteria in this league and I'd rather do delve than bother with alva temples or syndicate clusterfuck.

Im currently running alched t16s with some modifiers from atlas tree and juiced expedition encounters. I have an odd harbinger here or there too, harvest as well. About 12-14k per map completed which isn't bad, I'm able to sustain my town because I don't run disenchanting or mapping which are very expensive. Just keeping up my farms (as this is strictly time gated) and shipping.

If you're on 60k per hour upkeep that's on you. I'm fine with maxed out upkeep being hard to sustain, this isn't WOD garrison that's running forever on its own.

I just want some compensation for not getting any minerals in blight ravaged or delve or logbooks.
when i say maxed out i mean upgrades, not worker wages
and i also dont run disenchant or mappers
Last edited by Bosscannon on Aug 5, 2024, 10:42:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info