I think it's time for some small quality of changes, especially for new players

Reduce Loot

I feel like even with a semi-strict filter or better, it's still possible to go back to your hideout to check out drops and vendor stuff before completing a Map or a larger activity, such as the Temple of Atzoatl. This has always annoyed me, but as ARPGs are getting leaner with their drops, I feel like PoE could do more to limit the drop pool.

For example, do we really need to force people to pick up 6-socketed armors for the 7 Jeweller's Orbs, or pick up 3+ linked rainbow socket items for the Chromatic Orbs? I always want to pick these up, but it's really annoying after a while. Sure, you can tell the loot filter to hide them, but you are punished by this decision, and in SSF, I actually need all of these types of drops I can get. Why not just boost the Jeweller's Orb and Chromatic Orb drop rates and get rid of the recipes here?

I'd also be in favor of cutting Item Level 60-80 rare drops by 2 or 3 across the board. So instead of lugging back 3 different Glorious Plates (as an example), we would only have to loot one, and it will be as good (or slightly better) than the best of the 3 that would have dropped now.

Sensible changes like this would really cut down on the loot that drops and would make mapping a lot smoother early on, or for SSF players who need the resources but don't want to deal with poor quality of life.

Skill/Support Gem Browser Tool

I also think it's time to implement a Skill Gem/Support Gem Shop into the game, similar to Torchlight Infinite. I want an easy way to see all of the Skill Gems in the game, especially being able to filter them by the stats on my character. I want to be able to filter by tags and all sorts of things, as well as easily see all the compatible Support Gems for any selected Skill Gem (having top recommendations for Support Gems would be an even bigger plus). This would largely cut out one of the biggest issues when playing PoE blind.

Item Identification

Lastly, it would be really great if Kirac or someone could just auto-identify everything in your hideout. He can even use the Scrolls in my stash or whatever. I don't see any reason to make the player shift-click every item to identify them. I'm not even really in faovur of identification anymore to be honest, but if it has to be there, let's at least make it faster and more convenient.
Last edited by egervari on Aug 4, 2024, 6:50:29 PM
Last bumped on Aug 4, 2024, 6:13:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info