Dont delete my Passive Trees or admit your Wrongdoing!

Just logged into char from last league and what do I see: Naked char with popup implying that my passive tree was deleted.

And to add insult to injury the game tells me that I have been "granted" a full respec.

At least be honest in the communication. Like: "We were to lazy to program it properly so we decided its easier for us to just delete your passive tree and have you fill it again. Dumb luck for you if you dont remeber it."

Edit: My guess is that not having done 'Through Sacred Ground' is instrumental for this. Not that it changes any of the above.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on Aug 4, 2024, 7:59:12 AM
Last bumped on Aug 5, 2024, 4:17:15 AM
It always happen in new patch, especially you have allocated some passive that is removed and broke the connection to the rest of the tree.

Also, if you are Standard vet, you can always recreate the build
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Every time they update or change the passive tree, this happens. It HAS to happen, because the passive tree you allocated points into literally does not exist anymore.

That's why they give you the full respec.
Since the passive tree changes they cannot simply program it to reallocate your previous passives. Some wheels are 1 point further away, some one point less and some entirely moved.

Coding such a design would be a staggering amount of work.

Path of Building can't even do some calculations that would be required for some builds like break points. You the player have to do that. The build I'm using right now PoB can't calculate.

"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
"
neohongkong wrote:
It always happen in new patch, especially you have allocated some passive that is removed and broke the connection to the rest of the tree.
"
Every time they update or change the passive tree, this happens.

Not my personal experience. My trees typically (or always?) so far have survived. There were changes here and there like masteries being changed but they didnt completely delete the tree. And the funny thing here is that I then get this one time button to reset the tree. But the tree is empty so there isnt even a point to the button. But when I specced some passives it warned me that I would lose this one time chance. So clearly this doesnt even make sense.

"
Xzorn wrote:
Since the passive tree changes they cannot simply program it to reallocate your previous passives. Some wheels are 1 point further away, some one point less and some entirely moved.

Coding such a design would be a staggering amount of work.
"
It HAS to happen, because the passive tree you allocated points into literally does not exist anymore.

So I just checked, I posted my passive here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1843683/page/543#p25334443

I clicked the link and it shows me my past passive tree in/converted-to 3.25. So this "staggering amount of work" regarding a tree that "literally does not exist anymore" was done anyway so consequently this is not the issue.

The automatically by GGG converted tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABgUDgwDuA4cDogSzCPQKmwthDHMRLRGOFKkVIBZvGmweCCLiI_YknSSqKk0qmCycLOky0TWSNuk6xjrpPC093T8nQWlDyEQNRIpFR0fiSp9KyEy5TZJPBFSCVi1WLlltWpFfmGD4YlpiYmL0YwVmnmdxaPJqQ2qsa9tuqnGhcbJ1KXa5e8N8S3yDfVt9dX3xfmyA4INfg8yFMoaziECKr4rkjHaNfY9PkBGQM5KAlnSbMJvsnEqfJ6DmogCjiqPvo_KkOaasqH2qf6qprEevbLUItfK2Sbcxtz68orzqwGbGRcauyPDPMtN-0_vWQddq2L3bNN7l42rr7uyK73rwH_aj-tL68f4K_roACroaffHo8mMFRbx1KSaU1kFyHrZJ5rhiYi3Lqn__4Ha53vLGRe9jvKI=

(And I dont understand this mentality to "defend" GGG without actually knowing relevant facts.)
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info