You need to fix the 1-time corpse spectres. They are way too easy to lose, WITHOUT them dying

The fact that if you remove the gear, lose stats temporarily, swap the item out to craft on it, or ANYTHING similar causes them to despawn and "maybe" drop their corpse on the ground....

AND, 99.99% of all minion players have automated Offerings from trigger or auto-corpse consuming features.

In other words, VERY expensive and hard to find spectre corpses can be completely lost and it has nothing to do with them getting killed in maps.

This mechanic is beyond stupid with current design.
IGN: SoulCinder
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2024, 8:55:59 AM
Bump. This needs to get addressed. Now that these corpses have been added to the "base game" the situation and issues related to losing them from non-combat situation is unacceptable.

They should NOT be targetable by anything other than Raise Spectre skill. No det-dead. No devour helm. No trigger skill weapons.
IGN: SoulCinder
Here's my suggestion for a possible solution. At least for the itemized corpse types.

When they despawn, instead of placing them on the ground, move them, itemized, to a spectre container which can be placed in the hideout. To avoid selling used spectres (which I think is something GGG wants to avoid), just give them a soulbound modifier. E.g. Perfect Hulking Miscreation becomes Compromised Perfect Hulking Miscreation (or similar) and it has a tag of "cannot be traded" or whatever.

They can even make it so the spectres lands on the ground by default, and if a spectre bank/container has been placed in the hideout, and possibly with a checkbox to enable it, then the new default is to place despawned spectres there.

I feel completely the same on this issue. I'm just now getting to get the spectres I need, an upon realizing non of them can be saved using my desecrate, I can feel a friction within me to even start, because it is so annoying or disheartening to lose them by mistake.
After reading the wiki, I did a quick test before I raised a perfect corpse I got from ritual. Both spectres I was using were also from ritual. I took out the gem in hideout, making both spectres despawn then went to a combat area (act 1 shore) to raise them. No corpses.

So I guess I'll just try to put the spectre skill on a permanent piece of gear until GGG gets this sorted. I hope that is soon.

I'm sorta puzzled at how well gem/gear swaps with animate guardian work and how poorly raise spectre does. Why not just store spectres with the character the same way?

I mostly do HC SSF so I think managing all this from the hideout should be available, combat zone shouldn't be forced on a character just trying to get their build set up.
Any solution would be greatly appreciated, honestly bummed having lost a Spectre worth several divines and not being able to do anything about it.
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info