Change Verisium Ore requirements to also work with Verisium Bars!!!

I have 1,135 Verisium Bars, and I can't upgrade any of my facilities for the last several days because I simply have not seen Verisium Ore show up in like 100 map runs. Because of this, I haven't been able to upgrade Recruitment from Rank 7 to 8 for several days, and I'm extremely annoyed that I could have done this if I had been cognizant of the Ore requirement or how scarce it was. How is it that I got over 1,000 bars of this stuff doing tier 1-5 maps, but I cannot find it in Tier 9+?

The one and only time I found this ore, I decided to crank it to 400 or so. I actually beat the encounter. Do you know what happened? IT NEVER GOT MARKED. So I still have zero Verisium Ore!

I have mining at Rank 12 (or whatever the max rank is), so I'm assuming the odds of encountering Verisium Ore are at their highest. And yet, this does not show up on my map nor does it get marked the one and only time it showed up for me today.

I'm really annoyed. I don't know if this is a bug or by design, but because I did not upgrade various facilities when I had the ore to begin with, my town progression has been blocked for several days.
Last bumped on Aug 9, 2024, 5:51:01 PM
Just take out your smelters?
Obviously I have done this already - I removed those smelters 2 days ago now - but that doesn't fix the problem if the Ore never shows up in a map! The ore is too rare, especially when Rank 12 Mining is supposed to make it more common. This is insane how rare it is. If it's going to be this rare, these requirements should also work with Bars - end of story. Bad design. Nobody should have this entire progress gated by this nuance of a distinction between Ore and Bars - I have already demonstrated that I have progressed far enough into Maps to have met this requirement 2-3x over.

Also, the 400 or so Ore that wasn't marked was clearly a bug and wasn't my fault. Had absolutely NOTHING to do with smelters.
Last edited by egervari on Jul 31, 2024, 3:40:48 AM
"
sekaino1 wrote:
Just take out your smelters?

Thing is, you can have 0 smelters assigned to verisium and they would still smelt it once others run out of their respective bars. You have to take out EVERYTHING, not smelt any bars whatsoever.
If that's true and you need to remove all the smelters, even if you took care as to not assign them to this specific ore, then this issue needs to be patched 100%. Just make the requirements use both Bars/Ore, or just Bars. Having this dependent on Ore is the most annoying thing possibly given how this entire town mechanic works.

As is, this is not a fun distinction. It is way too pedantic. You shouldn't have to actively stop smelting while you're asleep so you have enough of the raw ore for upgrades. That isn't strategy. It just makes people pissed off that the town did something to screw you while you were sleeping. It's annoying. The idea that I cannot use Bars for these upgrades - something that is better for production than the raw ore - is even more ridiculous. This must be changed. It is very glaring design oversight, nor is it intuitive to the player.
Last edited by egervari on Jul 31, 2024, 4:23:46 AM
I am very happy i saw that problem coming and upgraded my town just in the nick of time xd

For mining the feature that they just switch to another Ore is very convenient, but for bars?! My gosh, dodged the bullett... gl with your Ore farming.
Last edited by Strickl3r on Jul 31, 2024, 4:48:54 AM
I actually don't see the point behind smelting bars.

You're just using gold as a multiplier to their value but it seems unnecessary. Shipping requests could just ask for the median between Ore and Bars and the whole thing could be removed.

At best it's a gold sink. At worst it's a micromanage Vs time gate.
It also bothers me they call them bars instead of Ingots.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
If they are going to design smelting so that ALL ore gets smelted regardless of what ore is assigned to a worker, then they should make it so that building upgrades can use bars in place of ores.
I had assumed this behaviour was a bug, but apparently this is an intentional design. I wanted to keep smelting other ore into bars, for my shipments, but I have to remove ALL smelting workers to make sure that Verisum ore doesn't get smelted, so I can do building upgrades.

Literally unplayable! ;-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info