REMOVE SOUL EATER

Seriously who places such a buff in the game!!

It basically makes monsters immune to your damage with 2% LESS damage per stack; while also giving them insane attack, cast and movement speed.

Adding map mods, essence mods, type of monster, possible other league mechanics mods and it becomes harder than a pinnacle boss.

You can't call this balanced??!!

Even worse is adding it onto a unique boss -> burial chambers, that is possessed and keeps spawning new adds, keeping it at 45 stacks at all times...

You already changed/nerfed it last league, but seriously GGG, just remove it at this point.
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2024, 5:53:38 PM
Soul eater as a standalone mod is fine, and the changes they made last league to allow the stacks to deteriorate over time made them much more approachable.

It sounds like the real problem here is allowing a self-feeding soul eater. Adding it onto a boss that can spawn endless numbers of its own adds that just keep refilling the soul stacks is cheap. It shouldn't be able to absorb souls from its own adds.
Just watched Steel's stream where he grouped up.
That group had a bill dps ++ and steamrolled everything on every map exept rare/exile mobs with soul eater.
Basicly took them around 2-3 min to kill it and that is with 1bill dps.
Soul eater is so dumb and i have no clue why GGG doesnt just remove it from the game.
The endless scaling that most league mechanics have that spawns mobs is also a huge problem and the burial chamber boss that feeds itself stacks is unreal.
Whoever in GGG who thought that this would be a good idea and a good mod should actually try and play the game at high end diff.
The Soul Eater mod is cool, conceptually. The problem with it, as mentioned in a general sense, is that it isn't balanced.

A few ways to balance it:

1) The most interesting solution, to me, would be to make it a bit more rare (or not) and to have the max-stacks value be randomly determined; This would make the average Soul Eater fairly powerful, while still allowing for the BS 45-stack version as a possibility (but less commonly encountered). It would also continue enabling the juicy mod as a common benefit of the HH belt.
2) Leave it as a somewhat common mod as it is now, but in that case it should imbue massive defensive strength OR it should give massive offensive strength with a bit of a defensive boost to stay alive. Right now it gives both, and as a common mod, it's BS.
3) Restore it to being a very-rarely encountered mod, and leave it in its currently OP, overtuned state.
Last edited by MoonPeace on Aug 14, 2024, 1:55:41 PM
"
Arigatee wrote:
Just watched Steel's stream where he grouped up.
That group had a bill dps ++ and steamrolled everything on every map exept rare/exile mobs with soul eater.
Basicly took them around 2-3 min to kill it and that is with 1bill dps.
Soul eater is so dumb and i have no clue why GGG doesnt just remove it from the game.
The endless scaling that most league mechanics have that spawns mobs is also a huge problem and the burial chamber boss that feeds itself stacks is unreal.
Whoever in GGG who thought that this would be a good idea and a good mod should actually try and play the game at high end diff.

what is dumb on adding a player challenge to ignore a rare monster if it's not worth the possible reward.
what's dumb on adding occasional challenges to uber players in normal maps?

the whole game is filled with mechanics to challenge players to not do less rewarding stuff, like picking up low value currency or low itemlevel items. and it's fine if players fail those tasks and complain about wrist problems cause they can't stop clicking.

imho, in poe you permanently have to re-evaluate the things you normally do whether they're worth your time or not. soul eater is a no if it's not a map boss you have to do
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 14, 2024, 2:00:57 PM
soul eaters are stupid...don't even bother with them...having regen on them is even more stupider.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
all they need to do is put a reasonable cap on soul eater imo and anything with soul eater stronger than that would be some kind of unique monster with its own defined limits.

Players with soul eater seem to have a pretty small cap for a reason ( don't quote me on the headhunter one
Spoiler
for a reason
)
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 14, 2024, 5:38:03 PM
i hate soul eater with all my heart there's nothing fun about that mechanic
But Headhunter enjoyers need their dopamine rush
It's a shitty mechanic!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info