Deadeye's new frenzy passive is very clunky in its current form

For quick context and a reminder of what the passive is:

"Avidity - 5% more accuracy rating per frenzy charge. Gain a frenzy charge each second while moving. +1 to maximum frenzy charges"

My build is a ballista one, one where I am constantly moving, placing a ballista, then moving again. Even with this extremely mobile and quick playstyle, I struggle to maintain frenzy charges. Why? Because you have to spend a whole second moving uninterrupted. That means if you stop to attack, place a totem/ballista down, etc, then you ruin your progress to earning a frenzy charge.

GGG please consider changing this to some other way of checking to see if your character moves. Right now it feels terrible to do an attack/move playstyle, and earn no frenzy charges despite constantly moving

Edit:
Things like opening doors, chests, or even bumping into objects or walls despite holding down my left mouse button for movement all stop my character from earning frenzy charges.
Last edited by Randoms2 on Jul 27, 2024, 1:14:57 PM
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2024, 9:52:22 PM
+1. i took the node just now in lab, and within 30 seconds i'm infuriated by it. its so needlessly frustrating

thoughts at this stage

- include all the movement skils as movement. For example i'm doing shield charge, which, like, come on lol.
- Have the 1 second timer build up, not fully reset. An arbitrary flat timer is awful in POE - as you get more attack speed, castspeed, etc, being slowed down by a flat timer is antithethical to player progression.

if i move .5s, cast and move .5s that should count.

the tooltip specifically says moving - this should include all movement (non teleports) i.e shield charge.
Last edited by MrCobbled on Aug 17, 2024, 9:57:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info