Stop smelting at set limit

Hi,
So far really loving this season, though one QoL that I think would be handy would be a way to stop smelting when ore gets to a set point or bars or if you've made as many bars as you wish. That way you don't convert all your ore to bars when there are some port that will be interested in a specific ore and you don't have any because your smelters were too efficient.

I'd have this limit off by default but then you could click on a box and select what amount of either/or you'd wish to have.

Cheers,
DrReverendJ
Last bumped on Aug 9, 2024, 2:09:13 PM
Strongly support. I've already encountered few times when all ore is smelted but I still need ore for upgrades.
Either make an option to stop smelting after X amount ore/bars, OR remove ore requirements for crafting/trading once smelting is available.
Third! Or turn off auto smelting all together! 1/5 stars would not recommend.
Ditto, smelted too much, when upgrades required ore... Which does not make sense honestly. What would they build with unsmelted ore?
I have ONE smelter of one type and they still do too many.
I agree as well. The only way to mitigate this issue is to limit the amount of gold I have in my treasury so they will run out of gold beforethey can smelt all the ore...

Kinda scuffed bc I need that money for farming and shipping when offline.
+1
While you can stop smelting at all when removing all, you can't do it for a specific ore. It feels like a bug, when they smelt ores there are not assigned to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info