6gb patch jul 26 causing issue?

Good morning,

Just fired up the old xbox (series s ) to check if i needed some more hideouts unlocked.

Received a 6gb patch which was downloaded and installed automatically. When all was done, I started Path of Exile.

Startup was ok but when trying to login, it throws an error stating PoE needs to be patched?

Cant login :(

Edit: just saw updated announcement https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3533154

Also the message on login screen ingame has been updated.

Thanks GGG, appreciated and is helpfull
Last edited by Fibrith on Jul 26, 2024, 4:03:21 AM
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2024, 10:15:28 AM
Same here. From the sound of it, we can't login until league starts. GGG has never done this before. I was finally getting my Hollow Palm Slayer setup on Standard lmao. Go figure lol
Same here, so stupid
Same here on Xbox. I was hoping to complete my test run and this patch came in and now it says can't login until league start :(
Same on ps5
Can confirm, same thing on ps5
An update for our console players: You are now able to update to 3.25. If you are already logged in you will be able to continue playing until the servers go down at 10AM July 26th (PDT). If you are not already playing then you will be unable to login until launch at 1PM July 26th (PDT)

Just found updated announcement :D
This should be warned about in advance. Why do we need this patch now?
Ok so I 100% agree with the ‘we should have been told beforehand’, and a notification in the game login would have been nice.

That said, not everyone in the world has fibre and not even with auto update is a patch guaranteed to start promptly (in the case of 3.24.3 mine took over 2 weeks to start but I wasn’t playing PoE as my 3.24 league was done)

This early update/patch is a great idea, by the time they did it we should be planning and prepping for our 3.25 builds.
That said it was handled badly.
I hope it (early patching) stays and is improved by much better communication such as game login screen and in game system notices (not just a late forum post)
Last edited by Timbo Zero on Jul 26, 2024, 10:16:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info