can i change the email address on this account i've had for 11 years or not?!

the freaking automated email system for doing this via the "manage connections" page is not working and i emailed support, said "yeah" to continuing when they asked if i want to verify i'm the same guy who made the account and now...nothing!

tried the automated method a few times since around 11-11:30 AM today, then emailed support at 1:14PM today which lasted till 1:35PM and now nothing.

no reply and no automated email.

wtf? can i change the damn email address or NOT?! and why is your damn automated system BROKEN?

this is just pissing me off now! i made this account in 2023 and the email address on it was banned several years ago. i just want that ONE thing changed to my CURRENT email address but i can't because your automated system is broken and now support isn't replying.

it still has the PM's confirming 2 point purchases i made last year!
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2024, 4:19:35 PM
Hey there,

Please rest assured someone will get back to you as soon as possible via email in regards to this. There is a bit of an influx of support requests recently but the team are working through as fast as they can.
well, it's going on 7 hours now and i'm still stuck on the email back and forth with tech support.

fix. your. automated. email. system!

i wouldn't be in this position to begin with if that was working. i tried it multiple times early on before getting stuck in this situation if THAT was WORKING!

going on 7 hours...JUST to change the email address on my account. one little thing...

ridiculous is the perfect word to describe this.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Whai_GGG on Jul 22, 2024, 10:55:07 PM
someone just PM me here when the automated system is fixed. i don't want to deal with this tech support again.

edit: "To clarify, the email change system on the website sends an email to the email address currently linked to the account for the email change."

so, that site function is completely useless if the email account on your PoE account has been banned for whatever reason. FANTASTIC!

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Whai_GGG on Jul 22, 2024, 10:46:27 PM
you are trying to intiaiate a security process that takes a good amount of time to complete anyway and you are doing it at a time when people are coming back getting ready for the new league and doing the same sort of thing as yourself, that means there will be a queue, and you will wait your turn like everyone esle.
When they do get to you the process will be over several emails containing different security questions.

"
treos99 wrote:
so, that site function is completely useless if the email account on your PoE account has been banned for whatever reason. FANTASTIC!

You say useless, but it is secure and it prevents anyone from just claiming the account if they have partial account details.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 23, 2024, 4:20:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info