New Vaal Pact BREAKS // DESTROYS Mahuxotl's Machination

GGG, Mahuxotl's Machination was created when Vaal Pact only disabled regen. With Vaal Pact currently disabling ALL LIFE RECOVERY outside of leech, this completely obliterates Mahuxotl for every single build that used other methods of recovering life outside of regen (life flasks, recoup, etc.)

It also completely disables Eternal Youth, as you can't recharge life with Vaal Pact disabling it.

Can we please get a hotfix for this?
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on Jul 19, 2024, 4:31:40 PM
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2024, 8:22:56 AM
Yet another example of GGG adjusting something without thinking of alternatives. (I mention this in my other feedback thread about hatred and divine blessing)

Give players a damn alternative GGG.
Yep, GGG seems to love blowing options away, but not replacing them with anything not as ubiquitous.

And when it's sufficiently not ubiquitous, they nerf the one ascendancy class using that option for being the only ascendancy class that works with it.
Bump
"
Kaboinglefop wrote:
Yet another example of GGG adjusting something without thinking of alternatives. (I mention this in my other feedback thread about hatred and divine blessing)

Give players a damn alternative GGG.

"
The rework to Vaal Pact significantly changes Mahuxotl's Machination. Was this a targeted nerf or oversight?
Neither. The shield is designed to be a collection of all the Vaal-themed keystone passives on one item. If one of the keystones changes then the shield's function will naturally change in turn, and we don't have any concerns with that as long as the item can still function.

It seems that, for them, it can still function but since they don't seem to play the game they really don't know.

They just killed the shield.
Just spent 6h leveling up a pathfinder only to find out that the flask life recovery is bricked. Can I at least get to respec into another class? I wanted to build a melee pathfinder, but without this shield it does not work. I'd have leveled a duelist if I had known this.

After reading the shield carefully, I am utterly confused on whether the people who redesigned Vaal Pact actually thought about the shield at all? Who is it intended for?

1. What will we use as HP pool?
* The only two resources that serve as HP pool are life and ES. All builds use at least one.
* Cannot use ES because of Divine Flesh
* Cannot use life unless leech-focused build, because of Vaal Pact.
-> Must use a leech-focused attack build.
2. What do we gain
+ Cold and lightning damage shifted to fire and chaos using Tempered by War. Can get to 90% max res by only stacking fire resist.
+ 5% max chaos res
+ 4% max ele res, if we have attacked recently and are on full life.
+ If we have 90% all res, Lightning Coil would effectively provide us 7.5% extra phys reduction (see below)
3. What do we lose
- 50% total life recovery from leech. And this, while encouraging us have leech as the ONLY hp pool recovery mechanic!
- Energy shield is useless. Can't use as defense mechanic. Pointless to use as mana using Eldritch Battery, because, if we are forced to heavily invest into leech anyway, we might as well keep 5% mana unreserved and leech mana as 95% other attack builds do, as opposed to jumping hoops to get eldritch battery.
- A shield slot
- A historic jewel (there are many other generally good options)

====================================

Aside on Physical damage
* There is some synergy between high ele res and shifting phys damage to ele.
- Most damage shifting has been nerfed, with exception to lightning coil/cloak of flame.
- Lightning coil / cloak of flame have higher opportunity cost because of improved stats on rare gear.
+ Assuming lightning coil, we shift 50% of phys onto fire, and only take 10% of that. So we only take 55% of phys damage. Now, if we did not invest into maxing out ele res, we would have 75% resist, so we would take 62.5%. So, lightning coil with mahuxotl is essentially 7.5% extra phys reduction as compared to lightning coil without it.

=====================================

I guess it's like ok in building a tanky gladiator. But putting the words tanky and leech in the same sentence does not feel right.
Bump.
hope GGG fixes this or reverts Vaal Pact before this Leagues over.
I need to use this shield but Vaal Pact makes it unusable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info