I love the rage rework

I get that it killed beserker. From an archetype perspective I never understood why rage turned you into bruce lee on a pure methamphetamine and pcp cocktail. I think there are way too many skills where a huge chunk of their damage comes from AS scaling and it leaves slower skills (most slams) in the dust as a result. I want big chonky smacks and the new rage provides you that option
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
you know that the change is net nerf? with 40 rage and Berserker you get 60 more + 60 inc attack speed but you lost Rage Support scaling AND Berserk!

hard to compare old and new values, but old Rage Support with 110 rage gave 40-150 flat phys and that alone is like half of a weapon. Berserk was the strongest buff out there. both are gone

it is a net nerf - and that already assumes you spent points to get +max rage and stuff. with non-Berserker ascendancy Rage is 'nice to have' buff that is up when clearing and drops to zero while fighting bosses aka junk.

i cannot imagine fighting Maven and keeping the rage up. it drops every time she makes a move. so you are better of speccing out of it and picking raw, unconditional boost

the same fate applies to Retaliation mini-game. all that investment for nothing if you dont proc AND find time to use it. why bother
Nerf or not, I agree with OP. Me smash big chonky smash get good brain chemicals.
I'm on the fence about this one but I can see where sidtherat is coming from tbh, there are a few changes in there where I don't think GGG properly appreciate how unpopular unreliable buffs are.

Rage has some issues in that department and the none damage orientated banners definitely do

BUT i've not actually worked through any builds with the new rage yet to see if the offset is a beneficial one hence why im on the fence.
"
sidtherat wrote:
you know that the change is net nerf? with 40 rage and Berserker you get 60 more + 60 inc attack speed but you lost Rage Support scaling AND Berserk!

hard to compare old and new values, but old Rage Support with 110 rage gave 40-150 flat phys and that alone is like half of a weapon. Berserk was the strongest buff out there. both are gone

it is a net nerf - and that already assumes you spent points to get +max rage and stuff. with non-Berserker ascendancy Rage is 'nice to have' buff that is up when clearing and drops to zero while fighting bosses aka junk.

i cannot imagine fighting Maven and keeping the rage up. it drops every time she makes a move. so you are better of speccing out of it and picking raw, unconditional boost

the same fate applies to Retaliation mini-game. all that investment for nothing if you dont proc AND find time to use it. why bother

Even though I like the melee buffs, I have to agree with you about the conditional buff part. They are just terrible vs bosses and PoE has too many conditional unreliable stuff

I think rage should be good for clearing on its own without any investment and the investment should make it good and reliable for bosses.
It's more available which is better but it's not better in performance.

I ran a Slayer just to compensate all the loss in movement and attack speed this patch had and oh man, Duelist area is a complete mess right now. Impale has 5 wheels all over the place, Retaliation is all over. There's too many Banner wheels and I doubt anyone is using the cost reduction.

In the end it's a buff for Slams and not so much actual melee. We lost a metric ton of attack range and movement speed is critical when you're getting that close to enemies.

I bet they nerf Rage generation next update though. As it is I can stay at 53 Range with Earth Shatter Fragility + Rage Vortex of Berserk going 30s easy. I actually pop Rage Vortex first hit because it'll max my rage within 2s. Nearly nullifies boss phasing issues.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info