The state of chat is absurd

(Picture 1)
Today I posted an item like I and many, MANY others do on a regular basis that I was about to unveil the stats for. It was an adorned jewel and like 5 people guessed the outcome of what it would be. This is a typical practice at least in the global channel I frequent (820). Because I posted this I was met with an 8 hour ban and everyone who responded got 5-20 minute bans. Now what does this mean? I can't chat, but I am also banned for 8 hours from being able to participate in trade since the entire ability to perform trades is based upon being able to whisper other players.

(Picture 2)
Meanwhile, a chat bot (Level 1 with no character progression), begs for currency on regular intervals day after day with the exact same message and is reported by nearly everyone in the channel and continues unabated.

(Picture 3)
Finally, you have another member post literally the exact same message not even 30 minutes later in the exact same global channel with no repercussions (I confirmed this with him after).

If you are going to be so draconian with disallowing chat that doesn't bother anyone in the channel to the point where it makes it impossible for me to progress a character by upgrading gear for 8 hours then you should do so uniformly. My posting my item in chat did not cause a disruption for anyone there and if me simply posting an item in chat is something you don't want a member to be able to do then you shouldn't have it as a feature. It's absurd that such an excessive punishment go to something that is arguably inconsequential.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by ShaunB_GGG on Jun 23, 2024, 7:45:49 AM
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2024, 7:53:06 AM
Thank you very much for posting your concerns, we really appreciate the feedback! I have passed your message on to my Supervisor, who will be contacting you soon to discuss this issue privately.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info