microtransaction merge

Hello everyone, im very interested in PoE2 and if its dope, i would continue my journey on the new version. BUT

What about the skins?
Every microtransaction will go in the rubbish or the two game will share the bought skins (and progress/achievements?) ?

As far as i know we dont have to make new accounts thanks to Steam or Epic so it seems logical if we have account merge availability.

(Even the campaign seems similar to the OG one in lot of ways).

Any confirmation or opinion on my thougths?
Last bumped on Jun 12, 2024, 2:14:10 PM
We don't have any specifics we can share on an item-by-item basis at this time unfortunately. Jonathan, one of the game directors of Path of Exile 2, has stated that all of your purchases will be shared across both games unless it's hyper specific to the content of one of them; as long as the microtransaction is compatible with both games, you should have access to it in both.
So everything should come over to PoE2, only ones not would be if there is a skill that is not in PoE2 that is in PoE1, they did stipulate though that if the skill was ever added later you would have the mtx for it if applicable.

There could also be a problem with cross platform merging, a lot of people have assumed that since there is cross play that a merge would link your PC MTX to the console version, BUT it is all in the hand of Sony/Microsoft as it is something that is part of the negotiations for platform support, GGG do want this though it's just dependant on sony/microsoft, (that's why they don't offer it atm, sony/microsoft did not want to loose out on their share of MTX sales and allowing people from the PC to have all their stuff means potentialy lost sales.)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I really want to buy some of support packs on Xbox live store which are not available on PlayStation stores. My main account is playstation. Could you please at least give us an option that we can additionally merge one more account too to POE 2 ? Please consider this for POE2. Most of players played on different platforms. If you can't merge between PC and console, you should let that happen between Xbox and ps at least..

We want to merge 2 accounts to next game. Shouldnt be that so hard when Poe 2 is supporting cross progression..

What's going to happen if we have Gold points left in our accounts ?
Last edited by resh_aykut on Jun 12, 2024, 3:52:50 AM
"
resh_aykut wrote:
We want to merge 2 accounts to next game. Shouldnt be that so hard when Poe 2 is supporting cross progression..

It's not, it's pretty easy but it isn't a technical problem, it's in the hands of somy/microsoft

For PoE one instead of allowing it MS/sony said no because at the end of the day they wouldn't have any cut of the sales of millions of dollars worth of MTX that are sold on the PC, it would also mean that there is the possibility to shaft both MS and sony (fanboys would do this) where they go get it on the PC instead of giving any of the money to ms/sony.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jun 12, 2024, 2:14:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info