reference number 3809205473

One wonders, exhaustedly at this point, what the purpose of releasing this game on console was?
A half-hearted attempt to squeeze a few dollars from the Call of Duty crowd? Or is the culprit the apathy and malaise that comes from taking something that used to be a passion and milking it for money. What seem initially as oversights (poor server performance, clunky interface, lack of customization for all settings, poor QoL improvements, outright neglect for console community, horrible brightness and contrast issues) are intentional features of the game. Or rather, further crimes of omission and neglect.
I would suspect that some of the PC community has the luxury of money for graphics cards and monitors and SSDs. I would go even further to imagine the shareholders at Tencent envisioning those luxurious PC players might be willing to part with their coin. Thus the effort and attention must be diverted to the PC community. I'm sure those lovely, game-conscious and fun-forward thinking shareholders are also pretty excited for PoE2: for the passion of gaming, you see.
It seems only sequential that the console community would end up here; languishing in limbo like red-headed stepchildren. Locked in stockholm syndrome for the love and nostalgia of a game that is evaporating before our eyes.
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2024, 6:07:33 PM
*blink* *blink*

So here's what I've figured out.
Most of the issues stem from (aside from severely counterintuitive controller menu function like L3+^up combos) the complete lack of Sony's answer to direct x.
It is not supported.
Sony was likely forced to do this as dx is essentially a Microsoft thing, and there was likely some wonky behind the scenes politics going on, but most devs likely see this as an anti-Microsoft action and hence given the "brush aside."
To be fair Sony has a history of "making their own version" which sometimes pans out (blue ray) and sometimes doesn't

For whatever the reason, as the ps5 uses AMD which has a true unified architecture leaving this (intentionally?) unaddressed results in:
Incorrect text/object video translation.
Dropped frames
memory overruns
walking bit errors
memory leaks
and corruption in and dropped packets.

Go team

I don't claim to know if the issue is negligence, incompetence, apathy, intentional maliciousness, P.C. elitism syndrome, or hiring interns but, one would think as this issue surfaced 3 years ago with the ps2-pro, that sorting it out should have happened by now.

There are little to no issues like this by comparison in the MS/Xbox platform to my knowledge and their version supports 4k, while I expect their controller support is equally bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info