Do something about game performance pls. It is really bad.

I know bunch of topics on this exist. I just wanna also add my experience and say that games performance/optimization is really poor.

Any mechanic which adds bunch of monsters plus effects at the same time is making game unplayable. Frame rate drops to 1 frame per century and game over. And I don't have a weak computer. Not great, but solid. Have no problem with playing any other games. Not playing many, but for example Baldur's Gate 3 or Pathfinder Wotr which I played recently have zero issues.

Two leagues ago when I started playing I had absolutely no issues running high delirium juiced maps. Now delirium is absolutely unplayable for me. But now also other mechanics are getting same problems. 8 mod corrupted, highly juiced maps with any of the beyond, harbingers or abyss all drops frame rate terribly at some points where lots of stuff is going on at the same time.

It is pretty obvious that you devs did something very wrong. It is about time to do something about it. As who cares if you adding new stuff or trying new content (irrelevant if good or bad) if due to performance issues it is impossible to enjoy it. First small step could be for example not adding millions of stupid and unnecessary enviromental effects into the game. At times it is absolute mess. But ofc only that will not solve the situation.

If you don't want this game become totally unplayeble and therefore not being played focus on its optimization full force pls. It is really that bad.
Last bumped on Jun 1, 2024, 5:06:01 AM
Are you able to provide your PC specifications?
Games evolve over time, new engines are available, which enables easier and quicker development of environments. But this does typically come at a cost, as the end user requries better hardware.
It's like diablo 1 can play perfectly fine on your computer, but diablo 4 runs slow.... because over the years, games have added more detail to the game.
"
Jixa87 wrote:

Yeah.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 16 GB DDR4, SSD, W11

Although not great I believe this is in compliance with recommended system requirements of PoE. Well, based on my experience it is bullshit. Or what is problem with my setup? Would more RAM solve issues? I would like to get answer from someone from PoE, but they do not bother to react to anything here. I think that game is simply poorly optimized. As I said, 2 leagues ago I did not have issues I have now. Not sure about last league as I did not play long enough to get build which could run highly juiced content.
"
BadAssTom wrote:

I had a 1050 before. There was a time I could max out all settings in PoE but the engine gets upgraded over the years and a 2060 is not able to handle the game on max anymore. Just lower your settings.
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
"
BadAssTom wrote:

I had a 1050 before. There was a time I could max out all settings in PoE but the engine gets upgraded over the years and a 2060 is not able to handle the game on max anymore. Just lower your settings.

Ok. I have been using nvidia geforce experience to "optimize" settings for me. Anything in particular I should lower or just everyting little bit?

Edit: Actually, I just did some testing with it and yeah, once I lowered everything including target frame rate to 25 it seems to improve fluency a lot. Thx, should have figured it myself. Just didn't even think about this as I was expecting nvidia recommended optimized settings to be simply optimal. xD
Last edited by BadAssTom on May 29, 2024, 8:30:59 AM
"
BadAssTom wrote:
"
"
BadAssTom wrote:

Ok. I have been using nvidia geforce experience to "optimize" settings for me. Anything in particular I should lower or just everyting little bit?

Edit: Actually, I just did some testing with it and yeah, once I lowered everything including target frame rate to 25 it seems to improve fluency a lot. Thx, should have figured it myself. Just didn't even think about this as I was expecting nvidia recommended optimized settings to be simply optimal. xD

Try to find your own balance. Even if two people have the same pc it can be vastly different depending on background programs and stuff.
Try to find some settings that you are at least on 30fps, which should be possible with a 2060. Biggest eaters are antialiasing, global illumination and shadows.

my tipp: put everything to the lowest possible, activate dynamic resolution and culling and set the targeted fps to 30.
If you can have 30 fps in your hideout try some story area, if it keeps 30, you can try to raise some small things like texture quality. stuff that doesn't eat too much ressources.

Should be much better playable
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
The biggest game changer is likely your choice of renderer. It is worthwhile to experiment a little bit and find the best performance
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
I think I got it. I put frame rate to 30 but 25 didn't bother me either. I had never problems in hideout or normal gameplay, but in moments of big chaos when lots of things were happening and lots of monsters were on screen. But since I lowered bunch of things seems fine and I don't see much decline in quality. So thank you for help.
"
Jixa87 wrote:
Games evolve over time, new engines are available, which enables easier and quicker development of environments. But this does typically come at a cost, as the end user requries better hardware.
It's like diablo 1 can play perfectly fine on your computer, but diablo 4 runs slow.... because over the years, games have added more detail to the game.

I have an ASROCK MB, i9 10900 2.80 gHz, SSD NvME, Nvidia RTX 3070

I have major lag issues in blight, sometimes I can click on towers and they do not respond/react. Blight also loses video resolution and clarity. I sometimes lag/rubberband in delirium. For no reason at all I get rubber banding in T16 maps. When moving through long passage ways in Delve rubberbanding gets bad, seems to happen mostly when leap slamming through mobs while looking for false walls. I noticed that all of this happens more during peek gaming hours.

This Game has no optimation, just a bunch of layers and poe2 tests are left ofer the years.

I fixed my problems with Linux.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info